View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 10:19 PM   #3
RodgersComeHome
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: If you were a GM!

Is this speaking in terms of Madden or in real life? Either way, I would choose the Browns. I'm from the Bay Area so I have no affiliation with Cleveland, but winning a championship in Cleveland would just be the greatest feeling ever. It's one thing to win a championship, it's a whoooole other to win one in Cleveland. I actually think Weeden is a competent QB, I would just get him to release the ball faster (bad pocket presence) and the defense is one notch below elite. Haden and Sheldon Brown is one of the best CB tandems in the league, D'Qwell Jackson is a top 5 ILB and guys like Phil Taylor and Jabaal Sheard can wreak havoc. Trent Richardson will come into his own eventually, so I wouldn't be worried about that, but the first thing I would do as Cleveland's GM is field offers for Greg Little. The guy just can't catch, and as a receiver, that's unacceptable. I would probably trade Little to any team for a 4th and a 6th, but I'd have to look to outside options in order to replace him. Ideally, I'd look for a bigger considering we already have a possession receiver in Mohammad Massaquoi and a speedster/flex RB in Travis Benjamin. Perhaps someone that doesn't have too much value, because our draft picks are going to be pretty valuable lol. If I was feeling reallyyyy bold, I might offer a 1st and a 3rd to Philly for Jeremy Maclin, but I doubt they would accept that trade. More realistically, I would go for a Steve-Breaston type that I could acquire with a late pick and perhaps sign...gulp...Plaxico Burress in FA. That would give me a WR core of Breaston (great complementary receiver), Massaquoi (good possession receiver), Plaxico (big receiver, great red-zone target), and Benjamin (speedster, potential deep threat). Not great but then again miles better than Norwood and Little haha. Either way, no matter what, I would look to draft one of USC's WR's in the first round of the draft (Marqise Lee/Robert Woods), so I could finally have a no. 1 receiver on the roster. Then, finally, I would have the blueprint for success: An elite defense with a quarterback that can move the ball, and an RB that can move the chains/score touchdowns.