Old 09-30-2012, 01:48 AM   #5
KBLover
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Forced to retire? Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayb
Playing offline coach mode. I like to stuggle, build a winner..Took the Skins..went 4-8, 4-8 then 8-8. After third season my only option was to "retire coach".
Does this mean you have to win or your canned? if so,,that bites.

I dont want to play a game if im contstantly a good team..thats boring.

This has P.O off bigtime. Spent all this time playng 3 years to build my team up then Im forced to retire..
Seems I find something new to annoy me every time I play..This is the worst.
Well - 4-12, 4-12, 8-8 is a total 16-32 record. That's a .333 win percentage.

That said, things like this should take into account team strength and whatnot. I mean if you had the Colts who went 1-15...but lost Peyton Manning, you SHOULD suck and if you do, it should be expected.

I do agree that 4-game improvement to respectability (heck, 8-8 has won divisions before, let alone playoff spots) should keep you on the "hot seat" but not necessarily outright fire you.

Does M13 have owner personalities? I know in OOTP there's stuff like Demanding, Tolerant, etc, that impact both expectations and how patient the owner is with you before firing you. It is silly you have to RETIRE - why can't your coach just look for another job. Not like we've never seen coaches change teams after getting the axe in the NFL...
Advertisements - Register to remove