View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 10:12 AM   #35
Al_Tito13
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: AlTito's NHL 13 Sliders

Hey man! Good to know you are liking the sliders!

On offense, I have to say that I cycle the puck a lot around the boards and I adjust my custom AI according to my playing style. Cycling will eventually give you good scoring chances having CPU players trying to retain the puck, the chance that the slot or the point will then become open is higher.

I also try to vary my shots, since I think the goalie will adjust and know what's coming if you are always shooting to the same spot. Sometimes I go low for rebound or five hole goals, while other times I go high. Shots high glove side are more difficult this year (especially with the latest tuner), but are still possible, and stick side ones have no problem going in once in a while. Another good spot is middle net, between the pad and the arm.

I have to say though that goalies in the game are too good right now for my liking, especially on passing plays. They will steal you most of the time on perfect plays, which I don't like. It should only happen once in a while, really not this often. But like I said the other day, we can't really do anything about it with sliders, because if we lower goalie reaction speed, the goalie will let weak goals go in while still be great against passing. This week-end, I had to increase human pass accuracy, human pass reception ease and human one-timer accuracy, trying to get better results from one-timers and passing plays, but without much success. Goalie are just too good on these plays and doing a lot of desperate saves. Goalies will have to be corrected with a tuner or a patch, hope it's the case sooner than later.

Passing is really hard this year and I love it. You can't pass through 2 defensemen and still get rewarded anymore, you have to choose the right time to pass. And with pass assist at 0, it's even tougher. This is well done. However, I will repeat myself, when we are able to do these kind of plays, it should be pretty high percentage chances, but right now, it's nowhere near where it should be, because of goalies superhuman saves.

I still manage to score an average of 2.75-3.00 goals per game I would say, which means some shutouts and also some 2 or 4 goals games.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 10-01-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove