View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 11:18 AM   #1
soulless pupil
Rookie

soulless pupil's Arena

OVR: 2
Latest, Greatest Slider Creation..

Background: I wanted Heisman Level Sliders that would create comparable stats to real-life games. I also wanted these sliders to give me a challenge when playing against the computer. Not only do the stats hold up for user vs cpu, but also for cpu vs cpu, and coach vs cpu games.

Result: I've tested these sliders and consistently get a challenging and fun game of football that represents real life play.

Game Settings:
Heisman
Time: 8 min/quarter
Speed - normal (this is my personal preference, but sliders work on other speeds as well)
Threshold - 70 (now, I know this goes against popular belief that the threshold should be set at 0, but I have some problems with threshold at 0. First off, too many long plays (I don't expect to have more than 3 long scoring plays...i.e. 60yrds or longer in a game with two A+ defensive teams). I found that with the threshold at 0, this happens far more often than it should. I came up with 40 as a good number through testing. I tested against A+ to C- teams with variously rated offenses until I came up with stats that were comparable to real life games and real life performances. With threshold at 70, I am still able to get outside runs, screens, etc., but now instead of going 60 yrds, they are going closer to 20-30 yrds and few and far between.

Penalties:
I played around with penalties for awhile and found that no penalty should be set above 55 or below 50 except for OPI, DPI, IG, KI, Roughing the Passer/Kicker (they should be set at 100)

Human/CPU sliders (should equal 100 if you add the hum and CPU numbers)
QB accuracy - 65/35
Pass Blocking - 60/40
WR Catching - 65/35
RB Ability - 50/50
Run Blocking - 55/45
Pass Coverage -100/0
Pass Rush - 65/35
Interceptions - 65/35
Rush Defense - 40/60
Tackling - 35/65
FG Power - 50
FG Accuracy - 50
Punt Power - 50
Punt Accuracy - 50
Kickoff Power -40

With these sliders, I've gotten everything from a 10-12 game to a 48-56 game (some with multiple OTs). I've even gotten some upsets with a C- team beating an A- team. Try out these sliders in dynasty and leave me some feedback on how they work for you. You can include CPU vs CPU games also.

Last edited by soulless pupil; 11-24-2012 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Post patch updates
Advertisements - Register to remove