View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #7
pdiehm
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: So...Play Now sliders

what I've discovered so far:

No one's slider sets work all that well in play now. The game is just immensely different (in a good way) in play now.

Default all-pro is too easy.
Default all-madden is too hard...like ridiculously hard. Example: houston vs Baltimore. Ray Rice had 189 yards in the first quarter (8 carries). Tells me either I suck (possible) or there's a big CPU boost in ability (what I'm thinking). In 8 carries, he had 6 broken tackles..

Each slider set has their good parts, and their bad parts.

What I'm looking for is probably the same as others. I'm looking for great players to be great, good players to be good, bad players to be bad. I'm looking for challenging, but not impossible. By that I mean, I don't want to see pulling lineman pull, and not block that DE or OLB. In some sets, they pull, head up field, miss the OLB/DE, and just essentially block no one. Another example is the FB leading through the hole and runs by a LB. Those are things that just drive me nuts, and I instantly just quit the game because this isn't college. This is the NFL. These cats hit their assignment 99% of the time.

But at the same time, I don't want to see Aaron Rodgers throw the ball into triple coverage 2 times in a row. This is an elite QB, and I want him to play like one.

Maybe I'm asking too much out of a video game for that kind of flexibility.