View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 12:19 AM   #97
24ct
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Stop Buying Virtual Currency, please

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostbobsaget
No, not sad. I do find it unfortunate that those who (a) aren't old enough and/or don't have an income and (b) are offline players cannot fully take advantage of the game without shelling out this type of money. It's unfortunate for them, but it's the nature of the beast. It's how gaming companies are still able remain in the black and have entire teams dedicated to certain games all year long.

Sad, though? It's not. I work hard for my income and it's not putting me below the poverty line to purchase VC. I'm not even using it for the skill points, as I put at least 20,000 VC in accessories and animations right after the draft to give my player a unique feel.

Think about how much money gamers individually put into DLC every year and since the birth of DLC. It's not any sadder than paying >$500 for Rockband DLC or map packs for FPS's.
Like I said. Nothing wrong with VC as long as its add on content to the game. Like an extension.

Those rock band packs...and COD maps...random costumes etc are EXTRA/ADD ONs that dont come with the original packaging.

2k is charging (those who wish to pay) for things that are already in the original packaging....

You can create a player outside of my player and use all the accessories you spend VC on...

The problem with the idea of buying VC is it isnt for DLC...
Its for things that are already in the game man...
Lets say you did buy Rock Band for $60
and they had in game currency for EXTRA/ADDITIONAL Content not already included in the game(songs/guitars etc)
That would warrant spending actually money.
Your essentially customizing the game.
Say you spent $60 extra on a bunch of song packs.
Given rock band is the type of game it is.
You'll have a whole new experience.

With 2k & VC...Its just not the same...at all.
The things you can purchase if you BUY VC with real currency includes wristbands and armbands that are included in every game.
If purchasing VC with real money meant we could buy new add ons for the game (courts & players)like you can buy maps or songs. No problem.
That adds to the game...If I have 50 Maps in COD and thats what I play. It cant get old.
If spending real money on VC meant we could buy new courts or whatever they decided to throw us
Their wouldnt be a problem...That is true DLC..

It just doenst make sense to buy it with real money if I can just play the game and get the same exact things without spending actual money.

Last edited by 24ct; 10-07-2012 at 12:26 AM.