View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 04:49 AM   #1
Eaglerock562
MVP

OVR: 21
2K Roster Update - October 10, 2012

Just clicked on 2K share and seen that 2K uploaded their first roster update since the game was released. I have to say that I'm not very impressed with the roster update due to the fact that thanks to Leftos and others on here we have found that all 2nd round draft picks are indeed on the disc and also found the hidden free agents as well. The hidden free agents is what stands out to me as far as this roster update goes. I was shocked that a majority of players that I thought 2K should focus on and implement into the game ARE actually on the disc but just hidden. Which brings me to ask, why did 2K keep players that are now overseas or retired in free agency and not replace them by unlocking the hidden players that ARE on teams right now during the pre season? Also, why are players in free agency who ARE under contract to current teams? Just to point out what I mean...

Tracy McGrady is playing overseas in China this year, why is he still in free agency? It was announced roughly 48 hours ago that he was playing overseas.

Greg Oden is recovering from knee surgery and is not at all likely to play this season, why not make him hidden?

James Posey, Leon Powe, Etan Thomas have not been in the league for over two years, why are they still in free agency and not hidden?

In their place players like Julyan Stone, Mychal Thompson, Ben Uzoh, Donald Sloan, Terrel Harris, Jerome Jordan, Carldell Johnson, Greg Smith, Chris Douglas-Roberts, Shaun Livingston, Adam Morrison, Chris Quinn...all those players are hidden on the disc should've been unlocked and replaced a vast majority of players now overseas and others retired.

I feel like 2K brings the criticism on themselves because by unlocking both 2nd round draft picks and hidden free agents and hiding players now overseas and retired they would be praised for giving US (the consumer) what we expect which is accurate up to date rosters. Simple supply and demand. By not doing that they invite all the negative feedback and the tons of tweets sent out with many of us asking "Why wasn't (insert players name here) not put in the update"? I am not at all saying that I know what 2K is allowed and not allowed to do, but in waiting for them to unlock all the players that are on the disc to give us the most accurate rosters it only took us 1 week and we have an editing tool to find them and most of us have been putting them into our rosters since yesterday. So the update that 2K uploaded really is meaningless to a certain extent.

I also understand that not all players have guaranteed contracts, but to have players that have announced they are retired or players that have not been in the league for more then two years, how can they justify having them in their roster over players who while have non guaranteed contracts are infact on a roster this very minute? I just think it's a blow to 2K's credibility to write or post one thing, but then release something that doesn't live up to the expectations that many hold them to with their postings.

Finally, here is a mind thumper for everyone. How is it that Kim English is on the Pistons roster when he's a 2nd round draft pick and Kyle Singler (Pistons draft pick last year, signed to a 3 year deal) is not anywhere to be found? It's this attention to detail that makes me feel let down when it comes to 2K wanting to give their customers the best product that we paid for.

Former Boys Varsity Basketball Coach
Eaglerock562 NBA2K MyEra Reference Guide
Advertisements - Register to remove