View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #339
killakrok
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: What is the best way to earn VC points on 2K13?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfbball04
if only i can hire someone to sit at home all day and farm VC for me.. haha
Seriously. I thought I was playing a sim basketball game not World of Warcraft, but this is what it is coming to.

This VC crap is ruining the franchise that I have been enjoying for over 10 years now since the original game on Dreamcast.

It is a shame that 2K can instantly fix a glitch that was discovered week 1 that allows players to get slightly less VC than they "should" be getting, but they put the game out with a broken MyCareer play calling system that was already working last year, making the mode unplayable for many people.

There is NO WAY that not one person in development and testing didn't realize that play calling wasn't working, yet they choose to fix a small glitch that allows a small amount of players to get more VC, but they can't fix a HUGE error in possibly the premier mode of the game, which many people, including me purchased the game for.

It has become apparant that with no more competition 2K is quickly shifting from the underdog that consistently puts out the better games over the sub par competition whose main goal is to squeeze as much money out of its fans rather than make good products (EA Sports), to becoming that themselves.

2K's answer to "The best way to earn VC points in 2K13" is to buy it with your real money! That is obvious. That is why they tied VC to every mode in the game, why they allow players to be purchased in MyTeam which goes against the purpose of the mode, why you have to pay for a headband in MyCareer, why it takes so long to earn VC in every game mode, and why they can fix a loophole to earning VC instantly, but can't fix the things that fans and customers who have paid for the game are asking for daily.

This is a big step towards the monopolization of aspects of the franchise that have never before been monetized and will shape the way the game goes in the future. If 2K can make money in the fashion they have started with NBA 2K13, they will continue to do this in the future, and ramp it up even more to the point where you have to spend more money on top of the $60 you paid to get the game just to enjoy the individual modes the way they have been enjoyed in previous years, which we are already seeing now.

The game has been out for only a few days now and I am already tired of it while I played 2K12 the whole year last year. MyCareer is useless to me because the play calling is broken, and every game in MyTeam is against players with Rose, Lebron, and Dwight Howard on their team who run around, jiggle the right stick, run in the pain, and chuck up crap that goes in because my team is filled with bums and the one semi decent player I earned from playing the mode the way it "should" be played.

The only reason I haven't traded in this game already is because I have been a loyal fan to the franchise from day 1 since it has been consistently been better than the competition and enjoyable to me, but that is no longer the case at this time, and although paying a few real dollars for VC may make the game more enjoyably, I REFUSE to do that since I should NEVER have to pay EXTRA money on top of the $60 I bought the game for just to enjoy the product I have now.