View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 06:30 AM   #99
necastivi
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k13 Rosters

hi,

sorry for the long post Slimm
been playing your roster the entire 2012, slightly modified by me. As a big cpu vs cpu enthusiast opssesive about realistic perfection, I watched a lot of cpu vs cpu 2k13 games with both your roster, the default roster and my changes. I tested at both hof and pro. Not much difference except fg%

I have some questions and observations

1. it's insanely difficult to get realistic stats this year even with a lot of tweaking. Possesions can be lowered with attack basket, run plays, crash boards, inside tendencies and fast break to 0 to barely get realistic 95-96 possesions per game, but then other stats suffer such as...

2. free throws. With all foul sliders to 100, defense sliders to 100 to increase contact I can barely reach 15 fta per game (21 is average). This is with your roster. If I increase attack basket it's a little better but PIP go wild. Unable to find balance here. BTW, it seems that increasing commit foul and draw foul change nothing, but I only tested 1 game with those tendencies

3. PIP - also a pain to contain. Decreasing inside tendencies seemed to help more than reducing drives. Also, increasing pass out helps

4. turnovers - TOs that are not steals are realistic with pass accuracy of 35-37

5. player stats - your roster is much more balanced and realistic than the star and pg buffed default. There are some things that need to be addressed like cavs having cj miles take 30 shots, irving takes 5. Or some slasher pgs having poor fg% cause of lack of driving. It might be that lack of driving will emphasize spot up and outside shooters, but this is all more or less managable with touches and shot tendencies

Now for the questions:
1. doesnt run plays 0 equals to using only plays according to freelance tendencies. In that case, CPU doesnt care what plays are assigned and what's in the playbook, it just calls generic plays from all playbooks. That would make van's and your playbook irrelevant. If that's not the case, what's the difference between run plays 0 and 100?

2. I can't fully grasp the difference between touches and shot tendency. Are touches for freelance only? Or do touches only decide what play is called and shot tendency decides does the player shoot or not? I wasn't able to fully understand this

3. have you seen babyface roster on nba-live.com (can't publish links)
This guy will have a lot of the missing players in a day or two, europeans mostly. Any way to "steal" those cyberfaces and players to your roster? That's the only thing missing currently...

anyway, great job as always!