Old 10-15-2012, 08:12 AM   #101
slimm44
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2k13 Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by necastivi
hi,

1. it's insanely difficult to get realistic stats this year even with a lot of tweaking. Possesions can be lowered with attack basket, run plays, crash boards, inside tendencies and fast break to 0 to barely get realistic 95-96 possesions per game, but then other stats suffer such as...

I'll post some stats from CPU/CPU games as I get them. I'm pretty happy with what I've seen so far but I haven't kept a log of game or player stats. I'm assuming you're talking about gameplay stats and not sim-stats.

2. free throws. With all foul sliders to 100, defense sliders to 100 to increase contact I can barely reach 15 fta per game (21 is average). This is with your roster. If I increase attack basket it's a little better but PIP go wild. Unable to find balance here. BTW, it seems that increasing commit foul and draw foul change nothing, but I only tested 1 game with those tendencies.

Same answers as above

3. PIP - also a pain to contain. Decreasing inside tendencies seemed to help more than reducing drives. Also, increasing pass out helps

I have seen VERY few games where teams score more than 50% of their points in the paint. When they do go over 50%, it's only by a few points. I've already dropped all Attack the Basket and Drive the Lane tendencies to 0 as well as raising all PG Pass Out tendencies to 100.

4. turnovers - TOs that are not steals are realistic with pass accuracy of 35-37

I'm pretty happy with what I see on 43. I think I've been getting between 10-15 TO's a game, with about 1/3 to 1/2 of them not resultuing in a steal.

5. player stats - your roster is much more balanced and realistic than the star and pg buffed default. There are some things that need to be addressed like cavs having cj miles take 30 shots, irving takes 5. Or some slasher pgs having poor fg% cause of lack of driving. It might be that lack of driving will emphasize spot up and outside shooters, but this is all more or less managable with touches and shot tendencies.

I'm not seeing that in the CPU games I've watched. I'll post my sliders later. I'll also watch a Cavs game next. I've NEVER seen a player that's not supposed to take volume shots do so.

Now for the questions:
1. doesnt run plays 0 equals to using only plays according to freelance tendencies. In that case, CPU doesnt care what plays are assigned and what's in the playbook, it just calls generic plays from all playbooks. That would make van's and your playbook irrelevant. If that's not the case, what's the difference between run plays 0 and 100?

I've documented my testing in the CPU vs. CPU sliders thread in the sliders subforum. Essentially, the slider is backwards. Set at 0 it calls plays much more often than at 100. Also, in NO situation will a team call plays from another team's playbook. Vann's edits will be implemented and I'm sure they'll be awesome.

2. I can't fully grasp the difference between touches and shot tendency. Are touches for freelance only? Or do touches only decide what play is called and shot tendency decides does the player shoot or not? I wasn't able to fully understand this

Take Shot Tendency controls how many shots a player takes in the sim engine, the Individual Shot Location Tendencies control how many shots by each location a player takes in the sim engine AND in gameplay and the Touches Tendency controls how many times a play is called for a player in the gameplay AI.

3. have you seen babyface roster on nba-live.com (can't publish links)
This guy will have a lot of the missing players in a day or two, europeans mostly. Any way to "steal" those cyberfaces and players to your roster? That's the only thing missing currently...

Haven't seen it. It shouldn't be difficult to add players with Cyberfaces and Portraits as they come out more. I'm going to try to get the base roster all the way done before I start adding players, though.

anyway, great job as always!
My responses and answers are in bold.

EDIT: Thanks for the heads-up on CJ Miles. His 3pt Tendency and Touches Tendency were too high. I've adjusted them and the results are better.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.

Last edited by slimm44; 10-15-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove