View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 02:40 PM   #561
Optik
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: I'm Lactose Intolerant - Hold the Cheddar and Swiss please: The Good Games Thread

LOL, The_Throne2k11 dude sounds EXACTLY like a player who got me kicked out of an OA last year on 2K12. Pausing the game after every fast break three I took or whenever I was going into the paint and then messaging me telling to "mix up my offense", LOL what a load of poppycock. I don't now if this was a league-wide thing, but he was putting his hands up on every single play like an absolute idiot, as if he was oblivious to the fact that I could and should just burn him for standing there like a dufus, and then he would be wondering and complaining when I was going to the paint.

These so-called "sim" players do nothing but run floppy plays ALL game, and they have the temerity to accuse you of being one-dimensional and not mixing up your offense. That's why I think the majority of these "sim" leagues are complete and utter FRAUDS. They use anachronistic rules like PIP and 100% on ball D, to hide the fact that they aren't that good at defending and refuse to acknowledge the fact there is more than one way of playing defense in the same way that there is more than one way of playing offense. When they say, "mix up your offense", it really means, "OK, could you stop feeding the ball to Kobe in the post, because he is taking my defender to the cleaners, and since I am not allowing myself to play off ball D, I can't do anything effectively to get the ball out of Kobe's hands..."

The problem with these "sim" players is that because they haven't gone through the caludron that is online ranked, they're SOFT. Since they refuse to play against people that play at 100 MPH, they prefer to play at 20 MPH like a tortoise, and prefer to make pretty little pictures with their cute little floppy plays instead of playing actual BASKETBALL, which means putting pressure on the defense at ALL times and allowing yourself to play off ball D.

For this reason, I prefer to refer to myself as a realist, rather than the "connoisseurs of sim snobbery" .

Last edited by Optik; 10-15-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove