View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 01:07 PM   #10
CigarCityBandit
Banned

OVR: 3
I think what bothers me about 2k13, and this may be what others who are very quiet but not totally enamored with 2k13 may also feel: This way of controlling, along with the canned animation heavy system in place makes me feel like Im playing a fighting game where I am triggering sets of animations and trying to time the next one at the perfect point when the first one is about to end etc. And this isn't inherently bad, its just that when I play games like NHL, FIFA and Madden that "Feel" like they use un-shackled controls I have a greater feeling of control and immersion than what 2k13 involves.
This is a difficult point to make given the fact that you can make the ballers in 2k do everything they can in a real game. Having said that though, I think NBA 2k13 went so canned animation heavy that it proves that the control scheme required to trigger all of these sequences becomes cumbersome and very unintuitive.
My guess is that this is the peak of what 2k can do here without bringing in RTP. I will tell you this, I would have NO interest in another edition of 2k basketball that delves even deeper into this Rabbit hole they have gone into. I know I am being blasphemous to most of you reading this but I am sure Im not the only one.
And to your point BezO... While 2k football looked and played great (it was my preferred football game) I have almost NO doubt in my mind that VC would have already used RTP in their football game had they been making one over the last 7 years. They were always cutting edge when it came to NFL football.
Then there is NBA Live...It's almost laughable that people have slammed EA for its NBA Live situation. Yeah its probably some poor in house management stuff but ultimately what they are trying to do could make 2k look dated, from a strictly game play standpoint. Not saying it will, just that if they iron out the physics enough to put out a quality playing game using mostly RTP...I will play that over canned animated ALL DAY LONG. The presentation aspects and depth of the total game with respect to career modes etc will all come. What I am interested in is the game play first and foremost.