View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 12:17 AM   #645
Ro@stedBoltsF@n
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
I appreciate your observations.... Here are my thoughts....

My philosophy on slider tweaks is, to try, to not let the slider tweaks, interfere with the underlying attributes of the player....

Example: Brady should have a better QB rating than say, Gabbert, or for that matter Ponder, by seasons end. Agree? Yes? Good. Read on.... Soooo, with this in mind, if you were to set the slider to let's say, QB ACCURACY of 100..... What you are in essence saying is that you want Gabbert, Ponder and every other "C" level NFL quarterback to have the passing skills of Brady... So in essence, your sliders have "obliterated/obfuscated" the underlying value of the player attributes that EA Sports has programed in for Ponder, Gabbert and every other average NFL quarterback.... Is this reality? No. Would it help you be a more accurate armchair quarterback? Yes.

Bottom line. I am a simmer. I want realism to come through in my game and demand it from my sliders. Now unfortunately, due to AI logic issues outside of my control, M13 provides us a piece of clay that at times is hard to mold M13 into a truly realistic sim NFL football experience. That having been said, slider tweakers have to make choices and sacrifices...

Here are my choices and sacrifices:

1) When given a choice, those sliders that influence the core basic attributes of the game, it's best to LEAVE them be!!! What are the core basic attributes of the game? Glad you asked. They are throwing, catching, tackling, kicking and running. Period!

So...

1) Throwing is best represented by the QB ACC slider. Other sliders impact QB stats, but the QB ACC has the most direct impact
2) Catching is best represented by the WR CTCH, PASS REAC, and INT sliders. INT slider? Yes. The defensive players are also receivers, they just wear a different jersey and are not as gifted as offensive receivers to catch the ball, that is why they make their living as defensive players and not offensive players.
3) Tackling is best represented by the TKL slider. The BRK TKL slider should complement the TKL slider in an inverse linear relationship (trust me, rocket science sh1t that I don't have time or space to elaborate on), kind of like, yin and yang, but in M13 the BRK TKL slider is broken and cannot be counted to act in an inverse linear relationship as logic would dictate that it should
4) Kicking is best represented by the Special Teams sliders.... Pick in an indoor arena, pick the strongest leg kicker, and every kick-off should go just far enough into the end zone to trigger a touch-back. The elite strongest leg kicker should be able to kick 60 yard field goals, meaning that on the kick meter, you perfectly timed it to completely fill the kick meter, after engaging it with the right stick, and the rock should barely clear the posts. Again this should happen in practice in indoor arenas, no wind, no rush. This is how I set the kick sliders and punt sliders, I take the strongest legs, go to an indoor arena, and tweak the slider until I am just 10% below that kickers punt average. Why 10% less? To factor for wind. For the field goal kicker, I make sure that I can clear 60 yards indoors, because with wind, in theory the kicker, with proper user timing, should be able to reach 60+ yard field goals if they are controlling the elite strong leg kickers in an outside stadium... Through NFL history, their has been 12 field goals made of 60 or 60+ yards, so it is logical that the kickers with the strongest legs SHOULD be able to get a 60 yard field goal, especially if there is wind behind them.
5) Running is best represented by several factors. They include, BRK TKL, RUN BLK, RUN REAC, TKL and SPEED THRESH sliders. Unfortunately, like I mentioned above, the BRK TKL and TKL slider do not complement each other.

That having been said, why do I lay this out? Because if you are asking me if raising the HUM TKL slider will improve the CPU BEAST MODE RB ISSUE, the answer is simply..... no.

In fact, There are a few sliders that I prefer be left alone on the HUM side so that the natural attributes of the virtual player come through.... Those sliders are PASS BLK for HUM, PASS REACT for HUM, RUN BLK for HUM, and all of the defensive run sliders for HUM, including, HUM RUN REAC, HUM BLK SHED and HUM TKL. In my opinion, if you mess with these sliders, you begin messing with the foundation of the players attributes. Appreciate and accept that your team of choice has issues, deal with it in your schemes, play calling, player drafting, trades, etc.

That having been said, leaving TKL at "0", in my humble opinion allows the true DEFENSIVE attributes of your individual defenders to come through.

To address the CPU RB BEAST MODE issue, I think the issue can be addressed by lowering the BRK TKL for the CPU and raising the RUN REAC for the HUM.... This is in the lab and I hope to have a P0ST-PATCH V.2 BETA SLIDER recommendation/update.

Thanks once again for your support.

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.
I love your philosophy towards slider tweaks! I could not agree with you anymore Wiz. The slider sets that you engineer make attributes of the players stand out. There should be a HUGE difference between Gabbert and Brady or Joe Thomas and Jared Gaither. This is SIM. I am all about a SIM experience. Like I said in my previous post, I been lurking on OS for about 3 years and was never motivated enough to create a profile. That was of course until I tried your original slider set. I tried many slider sets and never felt like it was truly a SIM experience (or at least close to it). Your are really on to something man....
Advertisements - Register to remove