View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 02:24 AM   #1
TarHeelPhenom
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Biggest Problem With EA's Ratings: They Are Too High!!

The ratings are just insanely too high across the board!

A QB with 80-90 QB ACC is robo-QB.

A RB with 90-95 Speed and Acceleration never use special moves because they just Sonic Hedgehog around and outrun everybody.

Defensive players with 85+ Play Recognition read everything and the run game/option game gas no shot at working.

I am convinced now more than ever that this game plays best when player ratings are lowered across the board for certain ratings. I'm not just talking about 2 or 3 points here or there. I'm talking about 20-30 point hits.

The only drawbacks to doing this is:

1) The player tendency change. In order to lower ratings but keep a players tendency what it is you have to compensate by changing other ratings. But, if you go too low then the tendency will be messed up.

2) I believe that the Championship Contender Pitch and where players get drafted have more to do with the OVERALL player rating moreso than production. Lowering player ratings across the board will lower overall ratings and what will end up happening is your players always getting drafted in the late rounds thus your pitch always being low.

But, i think EA really needs to reconsider their ratings scale. A player in this game can have 75 speed and still be fast in this game. 95 speed is ridiculous in this game...and the field is too small for guys to be that fast.

Last edited by TarHeelPhenom; 10-19-2012 at 02:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove