View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 08:56 PM   #661
MarketingWiz
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlmeyer
Don't have enough time for a full table for my second game in my Offline CCM with the Browns. I won in a closely contested game against the Bengals, 40-35. Seems like a high score when I considered the yardage gained by each team. We ran an accurate amount of plays at 128 so that's not where the issue is. I think it's the fumble slider. After that first game against the Eagles, we talked about guys with some fumble-itis. In this case, I think the fumble slider hampers QBs a bit. A carrying rating is supposed to represent their tendency to fumble when running. However, I feel like it also gives them the tendency for being strip-sacked. Weeden and Dalton are no scramble machines and certainly don't warrant a high carrying rating necessarily and sure, any QB can be strip-sacked in the right circumstances. These circumstances seemed to be there in this case, which is all good and fine. QB scrambling around desperately gets suddenly drilled from behind, QB gets hit right before a throw...the problem is with how Madden strip-sacks tend to go the other way for 6 pts. Frostee Rucker (FROSTEE?! Love this guy. Purely because of his name.) for the Browns and Michael Johnson of the Bengals had a strip-sack fumble recovery TD in this game. They ran untouched, unchallenged for the TD so it's not like when you make an interception and break the key tackles. It's like if every INT was jumped for an untouched pick six almost automatically. This is the second time in two games I've had strip-sack like this, too. Against the Eagles, McCoy chased me down cuz he is crazy fast. It still was an easy six points cuz I was at the 10 or so. No RBs fumbled so The Law Firm of BenJarvus Green-Ellis maintained his reputation previous to this season as a guy who protects the ball. But that leads me to the next thing I noticed...

CPU dudes are busting tackles like nothing. BJGE is not a guy who is really known for breaking all kinds of tackles. He isn't really big and he isn't really elusive. He is a one-cut, grinder. I love BJGE and I think previous to this year he was one of the more consistent guys at his position in an offense that didn't really lend itself to being a great RB, just because of scheme and amount of touches. AJ Green also seemed to have the same effect and I know he is speedy and pretty elusive but I had 2 LBs biff easy tackles right off this guy like it was nothing and then he slipped 2 more DBs for a huge gain before he was barely nudged out of bounds. Not tackled. Nudged. This wasn't really isolated either. BJGE's stats were pretty good. Nothing too crazy. There were times where I bottled him up and I thought the break tackle thing was just me being cranky. But then it would come back to haunt me again and again. It was purely evident that CPU high level players when in a one-on-one tackling situation were winning the battle a crazy amount of times. The times I bottled him up were when Jackson and Taylor wrapped him up together or the play just broke down completely and I swarmed him. If he hit the hole and met Jackson one-on-one, he won basically every time it seemed.

This all being said - I'm still having more fun with Madden than ever. So I'm hoping to tweak at least he break tackle stuff and take it to a whole other level of awesome.

Thanks for the feedback....As I interpret it, you are seeing some fumble-itis, and some Incredible Hulk style tackle breaking.... Got it!

Will be in the lab this weekend, so I will play close attention to those issues... Thus far, statistically, over half a season, I do not see the problem, but every game and player are different....

I can tell you that having the BRK TCKL slider high for the CPU helps the CPU avoid "crumbling to the ground" when he runs into his offensive linemans's a.ss ....

Thank you for the support and feedback...

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.
Advertisements - Register to remove