View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 12:53 PM   #1
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8
Zone Defense Is So Overpowered

If your playing somebody that really knows what their doing its overpowered.

Basically they just take an off ball defender in the zone and come over and trap you. Now the court proportion ratio is so small in this game, is not much space from the 3pt line to the half court line. And the way 2k makes your man move in this game it's sometimes hard to get around.

But my point is, you can have a man wide open on the other side of the defense but either of 2 things will happen giving the benefit to the defense and that is, either the ball with get tip or stolen OR because the court is so small they're able to recover at an alarming rate, and the speed of the ball on the pass is so slow that by the time it gets to the open teammate, they have already recover.

You can swing it to the open man all game long but the recovery is so fast that you'll never get the open look that your suppose to have due to the speedy recovery. It's no way someone should be able to bring a defender all the way to the top of the key and leave someone open all alone in the corner and by the time I get the ball to them they have recovered back to him. That's unrealistic. In a 2-3 you are gonna give up some open shots, thats the whole point of it, to limit inside scoring. But the way it is now, it allows the user to cover both.

Another thing that a zone tends to due because of all the help defense zones give, in reality it gives room for more offensive rebounds. But in this game, you get defensive rebounds better when your in a zone. Your not vulnerable to giving up offensive rebounds like a zone would do.

2k really needs to looking into scaling their players down even smaller to get the right proportion of the court cause as of now it's off. I can call a play right now at the top of the key and go to the play circle to start the play. If I just slightly tap the LS back to move my player back alittle, i'll take this bounce stutter step back and it'll be a back court violation.

As of now I only see 1 play for zones called "2-3 killer" and it literally takes forever to get it going. I can run pick and rolls all day but they just double down and when the man is wide open , they switch to the defender closest in the zone and just sprint over to the open man. By the time the ball gets their......too late. Frustrating!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove