View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 04:58 PM   #675
MarketingWiz
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by willIam9387
This set is straight butter, and the few problems I'm seeing can be corrected with some tweaking as you have left room for tweaking. So far 2-2 in my Bills CCM with your sliders and my last game against the Pats I won 41-33. Now I know the SIM police might be like Bills over Pats? naw, c'mon son. But let me explain how awesome this game was. The pats dominated on offense for 3 quarters. I'm talking Tom Brady after three quarters was 29-34 with over 200 yards. He finished the game 34-45 366 yards and 2 tds. The CPU threw the ball 45 times, and it wasn't as if they were down all game, they were throwing with the lead, they were throwing tied, they were throwing when trying to come back, T Brady was just chucking the ball all over the field. B. Lloyd had 15 catches, it was vintage Brady just dealing out of the pocket, hitting his receivers and letting them gain that YAC. I felt helpless for the first three quarters. I was saved as they had to settle for 4 FGS. I was also saved by Mario Williams, who had five sacks, coming in the second half as the dude straight up decided to take over the line of scrimmage. It got Brady out of rhythm especially in the 4th but there was nothing bs about it. Good coverage making brady hold onto the ball, and Mario just getting off his blocks. Add to that C.J. Spiller's kickoff return for a TD, two long pass td's, and you got the makings for an upset. It was a game where the CPU dominated and should have won, they moved the ball at will, controlled time of possession, but not cashing in for TD's and giving up the big play hurt them. Sounds like the pats IRL when they lose.

Now for what I saw that might need tweaking. That tackle slider as zero leads to some frantic moments especially when that CPU is sprinting for that first down where you gotta man up with the controller and bring that dude down. I like the fact you have to square up to tackle but at some points it seems like a game of pinball as some ballcarriers will shed block after block. My C.J. Spiller kickoff return was like that as he just broke around six blocks, and believe me you see it on Sundays where a player will just go into beast mode, but I feel the frequency is a little too much with these sliders.

qb accuracy is great for both the user and cpu, 34-45 for Brady seemed realistic as he was just picking me apart. WR catching at 47 for me, love how not every catch is assured, Had a play a few games back where I thought I hit my TE up the middle, started to run before I caught the pass, and he dropped it, pretty cool.

Straight dope right there G, straight dope....... I am REALLY down with the direction of these sliders are going and even more importantly, the feedback you peeps are directing my way.... You peeps pump me up to spend even more time in the lab to uncover unchartered gems of knowledge lurking in M13's A.I. .....

One thing that I am becoming an absolute FAN of, and will probably, moving forward, make it a MUST to consider, is HUM play calling for both offensive and defensive plays....

I am playing an offline CCM as the Bucs and I am 3/4 of the season into it.... The first 6 or 8 games, I was doing a mix of gameflow and my own calls and was having fun, but I always felt that confidence on the plays I chose, of exactly how the D-Lines and O-Lines play out, so it's as if I knew where the holes were going to be, even before they happened .... This allowed me to have ELITE RB YPC numbers and INSANE ELITE defensive stats .... This began to "knaw" at me, I felt as if I was cheating .... Sooo, I have made a shift in approach and philosophy....

Going forward, for all future lab work, I have changed my approach... For about 5 games now, on both offense and defense, no if's, and's, or but's, ASK MADDEN is my offensive and defensive coordinator.... No more 10 yard line restriction, through and through ASK MADDEN is the boss.... Now, if I don't like an ALL-MADDEN call, my QB and MLB, can audible into one of the audible defenses available by pressing the SQUARE button on my PS3 controller.... GAME CHANGER baby.... GAME CHANGER.....

Now, that smirk on my face , that confidence I had about the movement of the O-Lines and D-Lines IS GONE.... I am now a deer on the road, staring at headlights of a semi, barreling down on my frail soul .....

My overall scores have dropped DRAMATICALLY.... I am now winning games with close scores like 21-17 or losing games with close scores like 24-10 .... The YPC avg for the CPU is always between 3.6 and 6.0 depending on the type of O-line and CPU RB that I am facing.... Curiously, play calling by the CPU is spot on.... Now I have not played enough games to prove this to myself yet, but it would seem that by using ASK MADDEN, the A.I. logic that determines CPU play calling is now working like a charm....

Prior to using ASK MADDEN exclusively, the play calling by the CPU, in my humble opinion was weak at best....It would seem that the CPU picked plays with no apparent logic. Runs were being called at the wrong times, passes were not long enough based on time left on the clock, yada, yada, yada....

Yet, by switching to ASK MADDEN, not gameflow, ASK MADDEN, play calling by the CPU has improved, and in my opinion, a lot. My theory is that the DATABASE of plays that the CPU can choose from is obviously dictated by the plays programmed by EA for the team you are playing....Sooo, if this is the case, some programmer must have some sort of code written that sets a hierarchy of how the CPU should choose a play, in other words, it is not random per se.... When I started charting plays called when using ASK MADDEN exclusively, I believe I am seeing a pattern that tends to choose plays that are appropriate based on the following hierarchy: (a) length to the first down, (b) field position the rock is at, (c) the down you are about to play, (c) time left in the quarter and (d) the score.... In other words, I am seeing a more consistent, and hierarchy influenced play calling approach by the CPU play calling logic... Don't confuse this with realistic play calling, but at least, I believe that there is rhyme and reason for the CPU play calls now that I never felt about before... I am seeing more long passes, and/or shots at the end zone when the CPU is sitting on my 40 all the way through to the rock sitting at their 40 yard line than ever before.... This makes sense, because if the pass is completed, you are sitting inside the 20 and are set up for at least a field goal or scoring six, so the risks associated with the bomb are worth it, versus taking the risks of that same play when the CPU is deep in its own territory....

Why this happens, I do not really know, because I was usually hung over during any of the "code programming" classes that I have ever taken.... I can only postulate that there MUST BE a "computer code relationship" between automated play calling by the HUM and a consistent, and hierarchy influenced play calling approach by the CPU play calling logic... It's as if the A.I. knows that the HUM playcalling is now also being dictated by a "computer code relationship" that seeks to produce a more orderly hierarchy influenced play calling approach...

Bunch of bull, I know, but my notes don't lie, and I'm tellin ya, that I am seeing sh1t that I have not seen ever before....

More to come, stay tuned....

Thank you for the support and feedback...

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.
Advertisements - Register to remove