View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 07:38 PM   #8
aarontab
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I do wonder about this "scripting effect" at times. Some days it feels like all of my passes are off, my players never go on runs, or assume decent positions, the cpu gets away with all the fouls, and I lose every loose ball. I guess that is sort of what happens in sports, but it seems so artificial in FIFA. It's like all those things mentioned above align into a huge mess in FIFA's version of an "bad" game.

If I am human, I will have a bad day on my own without the need for the game to inhibit its mechanics to the detriment of my team. Let my guys play according to their ratings, and I'll have the success or failure on my own.
That's my whole thing...if you're in a cup final, it's already a big enough deal and you already have pressure. Maybe the other team plays a little better than normal to simulate the pressure as well, but there's no reason to let the game itself decide an outcome. It's stupid, and it's a cheap way to simulate difficulty. I just don't understand why they think we don't notice that fouls are called unfairly or that balls unrealistically bounce the CPUs way. If you're going to put it in, at least make it a little less obvious.