View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 04:58 PM   #3
purplerat
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Roster Stats Explained(What They Do/Mean)

I'm really interested in finding out what all these stats mean, but I'm a bit skeptical of the definitions above. Any official definitions I've seen are very vague so whats the source on these and how were they determined?

For example I'm pretty sure the Intangible rating is not the chance of a lucky play. Instead it's similar to the Physical rating but for non-physical ratings - primarily Awareness. For most players their Intangible rating is very close to the same as their Awareness. I would guess that non-physical traits (like consistency) also play a role in Intangible.

Also I'm pretty sure the ratings like Intangible, Physical, Size, Durability and Production have no actual impact on how a player plays. Instead they are just an overview of a group of attributes to help identify a players strengths/weaknesses without having to give into dozens of attributes.

Another from above that I'm very sure is wrong is Strength in terms of it's influence on pancakes. What I noticed while doing some testing on Block Shedding is that even with high Strength and high Run Blocking an o-lineman with low impact blocking got far fewer pancakes than one with lower Strength and Run Blocking but higher impact blocking.

Anyways I'm just trying to provide some constructive criticism of these definitions as I'm highly interested in what these attributes actually do.