View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 10:52 PM   #710
Xanathol
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden Roster Editor V1

Trying to remember to reply to as much as possible ( didn't want to multi-quote - too long )...

Draft classes are 257 player large - long time Madden limit.

No promises, but I do think NCAA (12 - its what I have) is on my list; if anyone who knows C# wants to take my code and start on it, please go for it! The format of the file is the same - its just a matter of figuring out the tables & fields.

I really do appreciate the donation offers from folks - and its tempting - but (1) I'm just all about doing it for fun and (2) if EA gets mad about this, there's a heck of a lot more trouble if money was made off of it!

So what's the verdict on auto-filling rosters? I agree, its a lot of players, so don't want to code up something that no one will ever use.

I have added code for opening a file in 'raw view' only, meaning if you want to use the editor to inspect ( yes, just inspect ) any file of this format - Madden, NCAA, etc - you should be able to.

I also have the code added to auto-convert older rosters. 'New' fields that are added are defaulted to 0 ( I thought about setting them as cursive requested for QBs, but that's easy to do in the editor already by filtering to QBs only and using the mass set option ).

Once I add in the depth chart setting that uses only specific positions, I'll post a new release.