View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 10:39 AM   #1561
acermina
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Charter04's Madden 13 All-Pro Sim Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I have a problem with the backward theory. I have tested and tested and tested and I don't think it's backward. I'm not sure what's going on with it. I have even thought that it's just how long it takes to react to the pass. 0 would take no reaction and 100 would make it a lot slower. The problem is that it doesn't always work out that way. I have yet to get a consistent result with any setting. Also if it's "backward" then you wouldn't want both to be 0 would you? With user pass reaction at 0 the cpu would have a harder time passing. It would need to be user pass reaction 100, CPU pass reaction 0 if you wanted it to be easiest for the CPU and hardest for the user. I have tried that and it doesn't work that way. No one seems to know how they work. I know I don't. Thoughts?
It's important to point out that just because it's at 0, doesn't mean there will be lockdown coverage on every single play. Overall, however, the CPU does a better job of covering the pass with the slider at 0. I found that at a higher number, I could complete passes not only easier in a specific play, but more often. I can't do that at 0.

And the reason I have it at 0 for my defense is simply to make the game more "even". I want my defense to step up and play smart occasionally. To control the ability of the CPU to pass, I give them higher accuracy. This seems to make the CPU more aggressive throwing the ball, while the 0 reaction slider gives my guys the best chance of occasionally making a play.

I agree that the slider may be "broken" in that there is not a glaring difference between 0 and 100. It's more subtle, but I do think it is there over a large sample size of passes (and games).
Advertisements - Register to remove