View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 01:53 PM   #768
MarketingWiz
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weewam
I had to pause the game to post this because I was so freaking excited. I just saw something happen in my game that I can't remember ever happening in my madden playing before - my team blocked a punt.

It's way too early to really say anything yet, since this is my first game with the updated sliders, but so far they have really brought life to my special teams play. Special teams is exciting now. In addition to the blocked punt, I had a kickoff return for a td. The return was interesting for two reasons, one more so than the other. First, I actually found that my team was able to hold their blocks for a second, instead of it just being an auto 20-something yard return. Secondly, and more interestingly, I saw fatigue at work. My returner is a guy I drafted who has blazing speed, but horrible stamina (65 I think). He was chased by lbs the while way, but the lbs started catching up around the 15 yard line because my dude was visibly tiring. I think that's really exciting and realistic, as far as fatigue goes.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.... These are "side-benefits" you get with this slider set.... I personally have seen blocked field goals, have had 59 yard field goals made against me to win the game in the closing seconds of the 4th quarter, have seen defensive pass interference, have had Ask Madden offer me the option to pass the ball on a punt on a couple of occasions, have had CPU RB use the "jump" animation to have the CPU RB "jump" over the O-Line / D-Line pile for touchdowns.... The list goes on and on...

It's almost as if M13 breathes more legit NFL reality within the current slider ranges suggested.... Not sure what I can attribute it to, but me believes it may have something to do with "balancing" the sliders when developing them, in other words finding that balance point where if you pass it, it favors the CPU too much, or if you are under the balancing point, it favors the HUM too much. For instance on passing. By dialing the QB ACC sucker up to 7, even average schmoe QB's have great stats very regularly. And vice versa, if you dial it to 4, great QB's turn into Brady Quinn... So certainly, the sweet spot, the balancing point is between 4 and 7.

Also, I am testing if "zeroing-out" certain sliders impacts the "side benefits" that you will see by playing with these sliders... Dunno, that's why I go and work in the lab, cook it up, and you guys tell me how it tastes....

Once again, the thread appreciates your participation and future comments... Peace, out.

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.