Thread: Franchise
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 07:35 PM   #1
beecravey7
Rookie

beecravey7's Arena

OVR: 3
Franchise

I have figured out a way that a franchise could be done in all pro football 2k8. Its complicated and not perfect but bear with me. This would be by playing every game as a quick game, and only playing the games of your team. You will use another game of your choice for all the roster transactions, drafts, and outcomes of all cpu vs cpu games. You will follow the schedule of the other game also. Having the rosters be similar from all pro 2k8 to the game that is used will take time but should be possible. You will need to make a save file for your team against your first opponent first. Since I'm on PS3 and can only make 20 CAPS, each save will have my team with 10 CAPS and 1 other team with 10 CAPS that I play against on my schedule. After the first one is made, I start a season with my team and save it as (my team vs other team) so you know which teams are in that save. You will load it using the trick where you load that season, and while in it delete the roster file. Backup this file if you need to keep it. Then exit out of the season and those two teams will be usable for a quick game. Do this for every team that you play against on the schedule of the other game by loading the same file that you first made and replacing only each opponent with the next team on the schedule and creating a new save for each one. This will keep your roster the same for each game that you play against each different team. If you play a team more than 1 time, you can just use the same save file that you made with that team. You will have to make new ones for the playoffs if you play against any team you haven't made a save with. I will make each team with the top 10 players according to their overall rating in the game that I use as a base which will probably be nfl 2k5 with updated rosters. For the final player on each team I will use a legend from all pro 2k8 of the same position as the 11th best player on the roster of the other game. In order to be able to follow the schedule game for game, you will need to make sure when you sim your team's game in the other game that you use, which would be nfl2k5 in my case, that your team has the same result as your result in all pro 2k8. So if you win your all pro 2k8 game, make sure your team gets the W if you sim it in the other game. The only changes to the rosters that I need to worry about are changes to the top 11 players of each team. If any changes to the top 11 players occur in the other game(nfl 2k5), then I make those changes to the rosters that I have in all pro 2k8.
The only downside is that changes to your team will have to be made in every save file that you have against each team and making those changes will probably make your generic players different from one save file to the next. I think I can look past this though because this is by far my favorite football game.
Sorry if this does not make sense, I tried to explain it clearly.

The cool thing about doing it this way is that you can play out any league or any other video game using all pro 2k8.

Last edited by beecravey7; 10-28-2012 at 09:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove