View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 02:47 PM   #808
BrianU
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Oh Joy! I had enough listening to the Dolphins embarrass my Jets times like this make me grateful of Madden!

I personally play a lot of Man defense with my DBs as the Jets do IRL. I was worried about the whole forcing myself to use AskMadden on Defense as my favorite thing is to choose which personnel to send on the field and create a defensive gameplan. I feel I call plays sim-like, obviously im going to call a run blitz on an obvioius running situation. Id like more clarification on your last post, I want to be able to call my own defense but I don't want to cheese and its actually possible for people to cheese without knowing it (like when I used to abuse Total Control Passing)

1. So if its say 3rd & 3, they come out in a 2 RB 2 TE set are you saying I shouldn't call Thunder Smoke which rushes 7 guys and leaves my CBs and Ss in man to man? What other play would I call in that situation? I certainly wouldn't call a zone passing defense. What if you limit yourself to only calling a run blitz on situations where the CPU needs 3 yards or less, maybe 2 or less if needed. Maybe picking my own plays until the CPU needs 3 or less yards then using an AskMadden play from 3 or less yards needed? Just wanting some clarity on what to call in those situations the CPU is obviously going to run but not wanting to pick something that is cheese. I do see at times how successful the run blitz is at stopping the CPU so I see why you have that rule.

2. I am enjoying using AskMadden on Offense I have no issue with that. The only negative is that it tends to call similar plays every game and it can get repetitive. I think I found a way around this however. In the great thread about using generic playbooks for the CPU team to fix their run/pass ratios (http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ne-ccm-11.html) there was a post showing every teams M13 Scheme they run. I use the Jets exclusively so the repetitiveness is more up front when you never use any other team. They are a Power Run scheme team. There are lots of other Power Run teams in the game as well such as Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, etc.. So what i've been doing is switching my offensive playbook to any of the power run teams. This gives you variety from game to game while still allowing you to play the style of your own team. Just an idea of something to try to keep things fresh while continuing to use AskMadden every game.