View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 03:51 PM   #55
STLRams
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Understanding slider coefficients

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul
you know, i was wondering about tendencies the other day.... not slider tendencies, but player tendencies. if you take a look at a player's dribble tendencies, i think they're all screwed up. my new theory is that if you set everything to 50 (default in this case also?), the player will do whatever move is called for in a certain situation. for example, we see the cpu players use a crossover and end up bumping into us when they should have used a spin move that would have led right to the hoop. slimm44's roster re-do sparked this idea.

i'll have to do some testing over the next few days... i'll let you guys know how it goes.

Whats funny I've complained and requested to the 2K Insider about this issue in 2K12 that he had the dribble tendencies too crazy, to many players trying to dribble like And1 street ball players. Ofcourse he ignored the suggestion of adjusting this, so I adjusted a few myself and the results were good. I will say that in 2K12 adjusting the dribble tendencies, and the coaching playbooks (as Vannwolf suggested) for teams saved that game for me. Looking throught the playbooks and dribble tendencies and shooting tendencies in 2K13, I'm going to have to adjust this stuff as well. I noticed yesterday I tried some of the slider coefficients adjustements that are in this thread, and adjusted some of the coaching tendencies for higher midrange shots and messed with a few players post up and midrange shots, I had two great games against the clippers and spurs. The cpu A.I. was actually calling plays and taking the smart shots instead of forcing fast breaks and everything in the paint. Its a shame we all figure out this stuff with the attributes, tendencies, playbooks etc, within a month and 2K or the 2K roster makers can't get this stuff right.
Advertisements - Register to remove