Old 11-01-2012, 05:54 PM   #19
DetroitStyle
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: EA Dropping the ball on Uni Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
Who did not see this coming? I do feel that EA dropped the ball on this feature but I also did not get my hopes up that there would be many updates. I am the type of person that would pay for all of these updates if reasonably priced. Some teams just need to be updated with the uni's that they use week in and week out. The alternates are great but I can live without a 54th version of Oregon unis.
I agree. If you didn't view the uniform store as a "gimmick" straight away then you should stick your head back in the sand. This was a gimmick, a supplement to their already booming microtransaction market. Something to peak buyer's interest for a bit of time after release and keep you anticipating new content.

There was no question in my mind when this was announced that support would die sooner rather than later. They never had the proper resources and support network to keep the game updated through tuners and patches. Why would they be able to support new uniforms? They require time and effort to create and place in the game. Scouting packages and recruiting boosts take no time to make and were already in place when the game shipped. So strike while the iron is hot on the uniform store and then just drop support.