Old 11-04-2012, 04:46 AM   #74
yusah
Rookie

yusah's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
The sliders are different because in Association mode, in the pre-game options (at the team/jersey select screen, press Y/Triangle), you can adjust the Player Speed with one slider. So, with the Game Speed and Player Speed adjustments, a few sliders can be "reset" because those two options take care of them, and do a better job of it!

Also, the Injury sliders are different because you they have an effect on simulated games as well. So if you have Injury Frequency too high, WAY too many injuries will occur throughout the season as you simulate games. You have to lower the injury sliders in order to avoid this issue.
Thank you for your response.

So I started out my association earlier using your sliders. 82 - game season with the Clippers. I only play 1 game per week. I used the 2k sports official roster updated as of Nov. 1, 2012.

Anyway, I dominated my first 2 games.

* First against the Grizzlies (113 - 89). I shot 59% from the field, got 18 steals (mostly on-ball steals, 7 from Chris Paul and my biggest lead is 35).

* Second game against the Blazers (103 - 87). I shot 55% from the field, 15 steals, biggest lead is 23.

I get too many on-ball steals so I decided to edit some values:

Lowered the User Steal attribute from 55 to 50. And adjusted the CPU's ball handling from 30 to 45.

On my third game against the Heat, I tried out your sliders for the non-association one (with the game speed back to 50, etc. and with my adjusted sliders). This time it was a close game. I won by 1 point with a buzzer beating 3 by Jamaal Crawford (111-110). I shot 51% from the field, 10 steals and my biggest lead is 13.

I also noticed too many injuries, I'm on my third week now and the entire league has 19 players injured but not severe, mostly 2-4 weeks out. Does the durability attribute also affects sim injuries?

All in all, great sliders. I guess I'll just tweak some to satisfy my preference.

Last edited by yusah; 11-04-2012 at 05:04 AM.