View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 12:06 PM   #10
Dempseylicious23
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Progressing LB's?

I have started getting some decent progression for my LB's with a couple of tricks.

To help get more tackles:
#1) Play on at least 8 minute quarters.
#2) Set the CPU run blocking higher than current settings (I like ~55-60).
#3) Figure out the spots on your depth chart that account for special teams and put your LB's on special teams. This can be between 0-5 extra tackles per game (my experience).
#4) Manually control your LB's on most plays.
#5) If you're playing the CPU, try to avoid running up the score if you are in the position to do so. Forcing the CPU into it's more pass heavy 'catch-up' mode will not help you get tackles for your LB's. However, if you do run into this situation, try to get some INT's for your MLB. Interceptions are a good source of extra xp and it gives you a chance for a defensive TD as well.

To help hit those season milestone sack goals:
#1) Rotate your OLB's into the left DE spot on your depth chart. The left DE position absolutely (easily) generates the most sacks of any of the positions on the field. Every 2 sacks as a LB nets you a nice season milestone bonus, culminating in two massive bonuses at 20 and 22 sacks. This unfortunately doesn't work for the MLB spot as you can't move MLB's to the D line.

Doing this helps me see ~8-14 tackles for all of my LB's and ~1-2 sacks/game for OLB's. This usually ends up being enough to get those season tackle goals and some nice milestone extras.