View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 09:35 PM   #1
Xanathol
Rookie

OVR: 1
Generic EA Roster Editor - updated 11/15/2013

Resurrecting this thread since I realized I kinda got spread out a bit...

New Version Of the Generic Editor Is Up - Get It Here!

( For those interested, source code is here though 11/7 version, and Madden editor, NCAA 12 Dynasty editor, and old generic editor is here ).

11/15

Seriously hate doing this but I realized how horrible the new image mapping type was without a nice, meaningful description field, so I updated the editor and config accordingly ( add a description field to each imageitem and wrap imageitems all in an 'Images' tag ).

Enjoy!

================================================== ======

11/14

New features added! ( sorry, source not up yet - just the bits for now ).

1. The dependency on the two DLLs is now gone, though two more have been added ( more on that later ). Bottomline is, the executable and assemblies along with it are all compiled Any CPU, so if you can run .Net, you should be able to run the app ( ex. on a Surface RT, after jailbreak on boot to avoid the signing needs, of course ).

2. Real formulas are in! While these are not mapped by a field ( ie. no good for calculating overalls by position ), they are good for that missing data that is computed in game, such as completion percentage ( see new config ). This is where the two new assemblies come into play - thanks NCalc!

For the folks that care & wanna know how to use the new field type, see here:
Spoiler

3. Images are in! If you have them, of course... A new field has been added where you can choose a value via an image & combobox. Obviously, you have to have the images! I have included a folder with all the different face values I've seen in game and my config utilizes this new feature.

For the folks that care & wanna know how to use the new field type, see here:
Spoiler

Enjoy!

================================================== ======

11/7

BUG FIX!

Editor and configs have been updated and a pretty big bug fix is in!

1. Seems that my code for fields that were mapped to other tables ( Player ID, for instance ) that would account for missing values was NOT functioning correctly, which doesn't hurt any of your data - just displayed incorrect stuff. Now, when there is a missing field, it will properly show the value with no mapping ( ex. Injury table usually has some Player IDs hanging around that no longer exist and now, instead of a name showing - that was incorrectly shown - the value will show instead.

2. Thanks to PocketScout, we've now have a ton of stat stuff mapped in the config! And with that, I found a nice 'feature' where EA apparently mapped a field value to one meaning in one table and another in another table... so with that, a new field type is added, a MappedComboBox, where you can create a fictional field to add to your view and use a real field to index into it ( see RCDI's usage with NCAA Record Desc., for example ).

3. There is a now a refresh button so you don't have to Recalc maps in each view when you change something mapped. For example, if you changed a player's last name, you use to have to recalc maps in each view to update all the dropdowns - now you just recalc maps in that view and refresh in the others.

4. There should be a performance increase in loading the data, as I added a Dictionary to keep track of mapped fields and their place in their respective comboboxes in stead of brute force searchign everytime.

5. Filtering using the string operations such as contains now works in combobox data of all types. Note - it IS case sensitive.

6. The config has a lot of stuff populated and corrected and now, the Dynasty config has a nested view. If you don't like it, change it!

I think that is everything...
Enjoy!

================================================== =====

10/29

A few bug fixes are in ( hopefully fixed the import issue cujo - thanks for that! ) plus support for new fields.

NOTE! Do NOT use the included configs without this version ( or newer ) of the editor!

In the new configs, time of day ( in minutes ) is a supported mapping and an 'adjusted' combobox ( basically, an offset ie. Height & Weight is now easily mapped ).

Plus, the new config has most equipment mapped to names now.

Also, Save As is now in, though may need testing.

================================================== =====

10/25

As some of you may know from the other threads, I have updated this editor, particularly with NCAA 14 in mind. It is still a generic editor and should work for other EA games, I have packaged my own NCAA 14 roster & dynasty configs along with this download - yes, they are a work in progress, as always!

The features such as I/O, Recalc Maps, Copy Config, and MC02 Recalc On/Off are documented elsewhere, but a quick run down:

1. IO Export - export one or all currently visible records in a view. Must choose a key ( ex. PGID ie Player ID for the PLAY / Players table ) when exporting; this is for the import features to use.

2. IO Import - as a completely new record, overwriting record based on keys, or overwriting the selected without the key. Primary usage scenario is send roster to all roster builders, filter to a team, update players on team, export all visible, send to coordinator who imports -> overwriting existing. Bam - new roster with a team of people without a lot of hassle.

3. Recalc Maps - if you change the value of a field used as a reference ( ie. First Name referenced by Player ID ), hit this to update the maps.

4. Copy Config - copy config entries from one config to another - makes it easy to share what you have found or update known configs from a prior year/edition to a new one.

5. MC02 Recalc - if ON, recalculates the checksums in the MC02 file. You need this on for Madden, NCAA 12, etc - NCAA 14 needs this OFF!

So the new features / updates...

1. MC02 Recalc is now OFF by default - figured that while most games need it on, it is safer off by default to avoid a "dammit I forgot to turn that off now I must redo my roster" moments for NCAA 14 folks.

2. A new field type has been added - Calculated! And it means what you may think it means - it lets you add a field that can perform a summation of other fields, ie. you can add a 'calculated overall' column now, which I have in my two config files in the download.

Here is how it works for those that care, otherwise, skip the below!
Spoiler

Note - my config has such a column added to try and calculate overalls while you edit. Right now, formulas are only in for QB, HB, and FB ( though QB's look way off ). If you want more and don't want to wait for me to try to figure it out, please read the above and add your own!

Enjoy!

******************** Original Post *********************

Some of you may have seen my editor for Madden 12. Well, now I have created a generic EA roster editor. I only have instructions for editing an Xbox 360 roster, as I have no idea how to decrypt PS3 files.

Again, this is a generic editor, in that it should be able to edit any of EA's MC02 files that contain one of their DB files. Now that comes with a price, in that its nowhere near as feature rich as the Madden editor and its takes a bit longer to load, but such is life!

You can see my first introduction of it here which describes the config stuff and you can also get the instructions there for extracting the MC02 in the first post.

You need .Net 4.0, Horizon, ( links to both in other thread ) and my editor:

** old link gone! **

The short version is copy your roster to a USB stick, put it in the computer, open Horizon ( see other thread for download link ), extract the file from your USB device, open in the Package Manager tool in Horizon, and extract the contents to your computer ( with an MC02 extension to keep things straight ).

Now open the editor, choose File->Load Config and select the ncaa12.xml file included with the download. Now choose File->open and pick the MC02 file from your roster - that's its!

There are functions to filter a table's view and perform mass data functions to the items listed in the filtered view ( ex. say you filter out LSU CBs and mass set Speed to 90 - only the LSU CBs will have a 90 speed set ). Of course you can save it and reverse the process above to put it back on your Xbox ( don't forget to rehash & resign!!!! )

Let me know when you guys think. Oh, and if anyone discovers what some of the unknown fields are, please post & update the XML so we can all benefit!

Last edited by Xanathol; 11-15-2013 at 02:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove