View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 05:42 AM   #166
mango_prom
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
You're not hijacking at all! I'm actually enjoying the discussion, and it's making me want to REALLY go back to playing 2k11. That game was the benchmark for basketball games, and somehow 2k has just failed to live up to its own creation.

And the sad thing about it is, 2k11 not only has the vastly superior gameplay, but they have the superior graphics and player models, too! The only thing 2k13 has over 2k11 is the control scheme and the animations.

The perfect basketball game would be 2k11 with 2k12's control scheme and 2k13's animations.
2k11 is still great today. The only downside to me is that the AI is unable to fight through off ball screens resulting in unrealistic amounts of 3s and mid range shots by role players. Other than that, I'd take 2k11 with enhanced playbooks over 2k13 anytime.
Just played a few games yesterday and it's amazing how good contact animations were implemented. The game just feels 'right'.

Regarding your sliders, now I know attack the basket has to be lowered in order to make the AI stop the paint spamming, on the other hand it seems like lowering this tendency alters the way PGs behave in PnR situations.
I often see PGs not reacting to the pick at all, which makes playmakers much less effective since the AI won't trigger any reaction from the screener before the PG starts a move, so the whole offense collapses.

Lowering ball handling to 0 (I liked it that way since 2k11) doesn't work because the AI is too passive even with attack the basket set to 100.

Do you have any other ideas maybe?