Old 11-12-2012, 06:52 PM   #712
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Dan, I've been playing 2K11 to DEATH this last week - honestly, I'm sick and tired of 2K13 - starting to hate it. But in 2K11, in my personal sliders I have nearly all the tendencies on ZERO (for sliders) and the game plays perfectly. I still see fast breaks, but I also see the cpu run their offense. On superstar level, I've created the most fun slider set I've used in a video game ever. Today I was playing with my 97-98 roster set. As the Celtics I lost to Philly by 18. Then I played as the Heat at home against the Hornets and I won by 10 (but had to hang on as I was up by 20 and blew the lead late). Shooting percentages were both at 47% apiece and the gameplay was so realistic it wasn't funny (Glen Rice lit me up for 39 pts and with Alonzo Mourning I had 32, along with Timmy Hardaway's 18 pts, 11 assts).

One of the things I discovered in 2K11 is that I've turned the cpu quickness to 100, with the user at 5. I cannot blow past players on the dribble, which was my biggest gripe with that game - no more. BUT, with speedy guys, given the right circumstance, I can. I just LOVE 2K11 - and I keep telling myself to give up on any future basketball games, and as much as I see some improvements with 2K13 (2K12 was a piece of crap) it just doesn't give me any fun when I play it.
I need to go back and look at that slider set ... I noticed that the tendencies were around 25 for me and the CPU, so I will zero those out.

2K11 is a lot of fun, no doubt. I was using the 1985-86 set last night and had the Bucks take on the 76ers. It was a great, back-and-forth game, that I lost by 6 points.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)