Old 11-14-2012, 05:12 PM   #208
EccentricMeat
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
I dont think its the sliders I just think its the game. But if cpu gets an offensive rebound around the basket before I land from jumping its automatic basket. Think reaction time is just a little off and pretty sure its a legacy issue. But if tweaking these areas breaks anything else, dont worry. Nothing I listed is game breaking issues by any means.

I like what the above poster mentioned, seeing variety of shots is nice to see. No one else on 5 websites offer anything like these slider sets. Majority make the game play like 2k12, your slider set adds a challenge and still retains all elements that make 2k13 great/different.
I'm glad you're enjoying the sliders!

As for your issue with CPU putbacks, I'm not sure there's much I can do to fix that. The CPU will react almost immediately in situations under the basket where your defender is out of position. The only way to fix that would be to lower the Inside Shot and/or Putbacks tendencies, but doing so will completely throw off the way the CPU plays unfortunately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLGYL
I just play a game with your sliders and Bed's roster. (I just at halftime, up the quicknes and speed of the CPU by 2 and all defense by 5)

Here are the stats:
Bos (me) 121 / Ind (CPU) 74

49/86 (56%) 31/82 (37%)
5/14 (35%) 3ps 1/15 (6%)
18 Dunks 7
35 FB 2
64 PIP 46
9 OR pts 6
47 Bench 29
26 AST 21
3 OR 5
44 DR 33
18 INT 6
4 BLO 9
9 TO 20
12 Fouls 12

A lot of problems with this game, too many FB for me and not enough shots made by the CPU.

Here are the players stats (Points-Rebounds-Assists)
Boston: Indiana:
-Pierce: 20-2-5 Green: 17-1-4
-KG: 18-8-0 Hansb: 16-6-2
-Bass: 17-7-1 Hill: 10-3-2
-Rondo: 15-3-8 (+8 int) George: 8-4-3
-Lee: 14-1-2 Mahimi: 7-5-1
-Terry: 10-3-5 Hibbert: 6-6-1
-Green: 7-8-2 West: 4-8-1
-Sullinger: 7-6-1
-Barbosa: 5-1-2
-Milicic: 4-6
-Wilcox: 4-2

I really start to get tired of testing this game, and can't just playing it...
WHOA, those stats are WAY different from the ones I'm seeing. Did you make sure to use my Coach Profile edits? I'm not sure what all BR's custom roster changed, but that may also have an affect on how the game is playing for you.

Play a few more games and see if the same problems persist. If so, I'm really not sure what to tell you. I'm hoping it's simply an issue with the custom roster you're using, but I can't say for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F Kennedy
I love V1.4 as a base set!! I'm using them along with the OS Roster and they play great. I love the flow of the game, rebounding, fast breaks, etc.

I'm a pretty experienced 2k player so a challenge/realism is a BIG thing for me.

A few things I noticed after 6-7 games is...

1.Not enough missed shots in the paint and close to the basket(6-10ft.) Big men are making too many difficult contested shots.

2.FG% for both user and CPU consistently too high. (Usually 48-53%)

3.Mid-range shots a little too automatic, even off the dribble.

4.Not enough fouls or free throws.. Usually 13-18 per game. Rarely ever see a loose ball, blocking, over the back, or charging foul called.

5. CPU passing up on open 3PT shots.

I wanted to see more of a defensive game on both sides. With a challenging offense as well.. i made a few tweaks to have more games with FG% in the lower 40% and get 20-30+ free throws.

Should I increase "Take 3PT shot" by 5 or 10 to get more CPU 3Pt shots? I don't want to throw off the balance of things, whats your opinion?

Another thing I'd like to see is a few more turnovers. I think the most I've ever seen is 17 from the CPU and maybe 13-14 from me. I'm not sure how to get this to happen so I didn't change anything. I didn't want to lower Pass Accuracy and have balls flying over peoples head. Maybe increasing steals to get 1-3 more per game?

Let me know your thoughts. I know play style has a lot to do with things.

I'll post stats from my next game.
The issues you brought up are actually almost non-existent when I play, but then again I am using default rosters (with aesthetic edits). Are you using the OS SiM Collab roster? If so, that will have a HUGE affect on how the game plays for you. Take a look at the sliders made specifically for that roster and you will see how drastically different they are from my sliders.

As I said in my response above, I can't really vouch for the gameplay these sliders provide with custom rosters, ESPECIALLY ones as heavily edited as the SiM Collab rosters. Your best bet would be to look at the issues you are having and see what the official sliders for your roster look like. Tweaking the values to closer resemble those should help a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
One caution on this:

The reason why I (personally) like this lowered is because of the POST PLAY. If you raise this, it not only impacts the wing players, BUT you'll see low post defenders OVER-reacting when passes are thrown down into the post. So what happens is they're out of position and it becomes way too easy to score down low. I'd suggest raising "hands" if you want to see more balls batted on the wing, but lower the Play Passing Lanes because of the issue with low post defenders trying to steal too many passes into the post. Just my .02...
I agree with MK, you have to have the Play Passing Lanes lower in order to get realistic reactions and spacing from the CPU defense.

To increase turnovers, try raising the "Go for On Ball Steals" tendency by 5 or so.

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 11-14-2012 at 05:15 PM.