View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 02:45 AM   #214
EccentricMeat
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

New Update - Version 1.5

There has been a major update to the "Defense" sliders as almost all values have now been maxed out to 100. What this does is create more collisions as wells as triggering a more diverse array of animations. Now, players react realistically when contact is made instead of just making the defender "glide" out of the way when attacking the basket.

Also, because of these values being maxed out, some of the CPU "Shot Success" sliders had to be increased in order to counter-act the negative effects on field goal percentage.

Attributes and Tendencies have also been edited to increase difficulty, variety, and realism. The CPU is now more effective at picking apart your defense when you leave openings, so you have to be a lot more alert.

And one last thing, I would just like to inform any other slider makers that the "Attack the Basket" Tendency effects quite a few aspects of gameplay. Besides the obvious, this tendency effects how quickly the CPU tries to get a shot off (not just in the paint, the CPU will also take the first open 3 available it seems), and it also effects how aggressively (and effectively, I might add) the CPU runs the Fastbreak.

With my Coach Profile edits, the CPU fastbreak has been drastically toned down. However, some have complained that the CPU can be too tentative on the fastbreak and that there aren't enough fastbreak points scored. By increasing Attack the Basket from 20 to 22, I feel that I have found the perfect balance. Any higher than 22 and the CPU goes crazy. Any lower, and they don't seem to be aggressive enough.

Enjoy the update! As always, any and all feedback is appreciated, just be sure to keep any criticisms as constructive as possible.

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 11-15-2012 at 03:47 PM.