View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 03:54 PM   #919
MarketingWiz
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Got it! Y'all da bosses, I'm just the designer!

So, this is what I have planned.... I am finishing up testing a theory and then I will drop these bad boyz of sin, on y'all ....

I wanted to deliver them 100% certified, but client projects and ThanksTurkeyDinner is kicking my a _ _! So the certification and "seal of approval" will have to come from you blokes.

Here is what I envision:

1) Wiz drops da mudda's
2) Peeps play and test the hell out of them based on requirements outlined below
3) Peeps post game results
4) We seek to certify, no later than 2nd week of December, just in time for Xmas....

Requirements for testing

1) Plenty of time to play. In other words, if ya got one of them ladies that is going to be busting "nuts", you may not want to volunteer...

2) A notebook and #2 pencil to jot down notes and "oddities"

3) Play at least 6 games, as is, no tweaks, and track stats accordingly

4) For the 6 games that you play, the only house rules will be: 1) you can switch playbooks to improve CPU playbook prior to starting a game 2) you must choose one DEF player and not switch out during play 3) pinky promise to yourself, to not abuse the "money plays" that you discover as you play your 6 games 4) GameFlow, for the first two plays, you control third down 5) Last two minutes of each half, FREE PLAY, no GameFlow

What we want to track:

1) the individual stats for the QB, RB, WR's

2) the global stats for the Defense (ie total sacks, int.'s, forced fumbles)

3) Track, fumbles, drops, break tackles (for RB's and WR's/TE's), total # of penalties per team

4) How many punts inside the 20 your punter nailed

5) Total plays

6) This next part is more subjective: Ebb and flow of the game.... Try to answer the following questions:
a) Did the gameplay, "stress" you? Meaning, did you feel that if you lost focus of your defensive or offensive play-calling, or didn't field position properly, it would cost you the game?
b) Did the gameplay reflect the key strengths/weaknesses of the team you faced? Meaning, that stars, should play as such and duds should play as such. Rodgers and Matthews for GB, Gore and 49'ers D for the 49'ers, Forte and Bear's D for da Bears, horrible Run D for the Faiders, horrible pass D for the Titans, etc.. So as an example, if you post up a stats against the Faiders, you better have OUTSTANDING rushing numbers for your RB, and this would constitute the gameplay reflecting the key weakness of playing the Faiders..
c) How was the competitive balance of the game? Meaning did the stars step up and did you have to "game plan" against them to neutralize their impact on your game? We are hoping that we can get the CPU A.I. to challenge us through the studs of the game.... i.e. Big hitters create fumbles, ball hawks intercept poorly thrown balls, elite QB's shred average D's, elite RB's truck average D's, and so on...
d) Did at any point did you feel that it was "impossible/extremely difficult" to game plan against a particular strength or player of your CPU opponent.... And vice versa, did the gameplay seem that you could just have your will with the CPU opponent?
e) How did strategy work in the gameplay?
Meaning, if you bring a blitz on a pass play, more times than not, did it cause a poor decision by the CPU QB or not? Does pressure cause the CPU to commit more unforced errors? And vice versa, if you "sit back" in zones, does an good team pick you apart? Were you forced to use more TE's to protect your QB from the onslaught of pressure from the CPU?
f) Did the pressure and recognition from the CPU feel right? Meaning, are you getting less than 3 seconds in the pocket when the CPU blitzes? Does your pocket break down, forcing you to leave the pocket or throw the ball away? Are you getting stuffed on outside runs more often than not? Are you getting stuffed on inside the tackle runs when you have no lead blocker in front of you, more often than not?
g) Were turnovers forced by playmakers with high POW attributes and/or poor HUM decision making?
h) Were sacks forced by too much time in the pocket, coverage sack, poor blocking scheme (meaning you did not have enough blockers for the situation at hand)? Look here peeps... You have to start learning football.... You cannot think that against aggressive defenses that you will get away with 4, 5 or even 3 WR sets, when the D is bringing 6 or more rushers and avoid a sack or a poor decision... Sacks are legit if you are too dumb to set up proper blocking schemes
i) Were picks legit picks due to poor decision making or a great defensive player making a great play on the ball?
j) Were fumbles legit due to the D getting a hat on the ball and the HUM did not cover up the football?
k) Did either passing or running feel "too easy" for you?
l) Does the CPU scramble appropriately?
m) Do the big hitters, lay the wood on you? Do they cause turnovers or dropped balls?

It's a lot, I know.... But these are the issues that I constantly grapple with when I am testing these bad boyz.... If your game, then "drop your name into the hat"....

The more the merrier, just make sure that you do not let the thread down by not posting constructive feedback....

I plan to drop the bad boyz once we have a group of mo'-fo's ready to test, no later than Sunday night. Out.

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.

Last edited by MarketingWiz; 11-17-2012 at 03:57 PM.