View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 11:50 PM   #777
DonH
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

Hi all. So I’m using these sliders to play a season as the Celtics, “playing the schedule”, ie. playing the games on the day the real games get played. Ten games in, I thought it’d be interesting to compare my stats with how the real team is doing. My season is listed first, then the real Celtics. (Caveat: I’m playing on an xbox that isn’t connected to the internet so it hasn’t been invisi-patched. I’m using the sliders (set #2) before the latest update, when the game speed was set to 55. I played an exhibition game with the sliders as they are currently and found it to be really arcadey with an unpatched 2k, so I stuck with the slightly older sliders. All the other stuff is the same, All-star difficulty, 11 min quarters, etc.)

Me / Real Celtics

PPG: 107.5 / 98.3
OPPG: 92.9 / 97.6
FG%: .529 / .478
3PTFG%: .326 / .371
FT%: .819 / .796
APG: 27.2 / 25.3
RPG: 43.1 / 37.5
ORPG: 5.8 / 6.8
SPG: 10.1 / 7.3
BPG: 3.6 / 3.6
TOPG: 12.3 / 13.4
FGA per game: 78.5 / 76.6
FTA per game: 28.1 / 25

So far I’m mostly happy. My record is 9-1 (C’s are really 6-4), which I don’t think is that unrealistic considering we’ve played the Wizards twice, Bulls without Rose, Sixers without Bynum. I am blowing a lot of teams out, but the Brooklyn game was close. This week will be a good test; I shouldn’t be able to blow out the Spurs or Thunder.

I did raise Take Inside Shots and Take Close Shots to 40 because my guys would keep getting offensive boards and kick it back out despite being clear to go back up with it.

Maybe CPU pass accuracy is set too low? Even at 42, a couple times a game the inbounder after a made basket is just throwing it wildly out of bounds, even with zero press and nobody around the guy he’s passing to.

Steal success and/or stealing ability seems to clearly be too high. Rondo is leading the league with 4.3 steals a game, with 23 in the last 4 games. All he’s doing is waiting for the opposing PG to settle in at the top of the key after bringing the ball up and swiping it away. It works an alarming amount of the time, especially with sub-par PGs (he made Nate Robinson turn it over 9 times).

I also scaled back the Loose Ball Foul Frequency to 75. Too many times this would happen: I’d take a shot and if the CPU grabbed the rebound and if I was anywhere near an opposing player and pressing basically any direction on the analog, my guy would push the dude over and the whistle would blow, even if I was nowhere near the ball. I could be outside the 3 point arc and it’d still happen. That got really annoying really fast. Even at 75 it’s still happening, so I’m going to 70 and seeing if that fixes it.

So far, it’s been pretty good. I’m so glad to get to the line a fair amount; I’m coming from 2k11 and I think I got to the line maybe 4 times a game. Question: Why did we decide 52 was a better game speed, especially after all the talk about anything less than 55 being too slow? I’ve played so much on 55 that I’m afraid changing that will disrupt my rhythm. I find the pace to be just fine and realistic.

Don

Last edited by DonH; 11-17-2012 at 11:57 PM.