Old 11-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #2773
Jarodd21
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondog
Hey, long time online player here. I don't have internet access that allows me to play Madden at the moment, so I thought I'd try starting a career with sliders that promote extreme realism, even if that means posting a losing record almost as often as a winning one. (The only way I can have fun doing a career is if I feel like the games simulate the real NFL very well.

First of all, I must say a job well done! I thought that almost any slider set would be way too easy for me, but these are incredibly challenging; I use a mix of the red, blue, and black sliders with some of my own input as well.

Here are two areas of concern I've had (for reference, I play as the Titans):

1. The quarterbacks would throw for ridiculously high completion percentages but with ridiculously low YPA. To help fix this, I drastically lowered the user pass reaction time to help receivers get open down the field more and also drastically lowered the quarterback's accuracy. This has resulted in a high completion percentage when I play against great QB's (which I find reasonable since the Titans' D is pretty terrible) and more deep attempts for all QB's.

2. I feel like playing with very low user QB accuracy is near impossible for inaccurate QB's. many times when playing with Locker, I would have a very clear window to get the ball to the receiver, but even if I made a perfect read, the trow would regularly go 7 yards away from where I was trying to throw it, right into the hands of a defender. I decided to raiseuser pass accuracy and CPU pass defense reaction. With the settings like that, I have to make perfect reads, but good reads rarely result in INT's.

Also a side not:e: for anyone playing a career, I think an injury setting of about 65-67 results in a realistic number of injuries.
Whats going on man? Most guys who strictly play online always assume there's no way to get the CPU competitive until they use my sliders... I consider myself a very good player offline and online against USERs so I know exactly what it takes to get the CPU competitive...

Which set were you using for the CPUs passing because on the black set the CPU gets the ball down the a lot.. I've gotten smoked plenty of times... Were you doing a lot of slider tweaking? Sliders take at least a game or two to settle in and the CPU usually plays like crap in that first game so you have to pay attention to that. You have to play at least 3 or 4 games to get a good sample size of how the sliders are working.

You have to utilize the left stick full time to place passes in spots when playing with the accuracy low for the USER. If you don't like to use the left stick you will struggle with the accuracy below 8. I'm a beast with the left stick and I pretty much use it on all my throws..

When you raised the USER accuracy you should have raised the CPUs INTs. The INT slider has a bigger affect on pass coverage... I personally don't believe the pass reaction slider works the way it should..

Post your slider set when you get a chance. I wanna see what you are working with and make sure you didn't mess up anything by taken on of the USER categories over 75. That ruins the AI when you do that..