Old 11-19-2012, 12:29 AM   #281
EccentricMeat
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPhazon8
I'm planning on trying your sliders but I was wondering if you have a potential solution to my issue. I'm using my own slider set with coach profile edits but do you have an general pointers to lower the rebounding totals? Everything seems to be good for my set but I'm struggling with finding a way to lower the rebounds.
That depends, I would really have to see what all of your stats look like. The most likely culprit is that you're either not shooting enough free throws, or you're shooting too many FGs. If you can give me some specifics, I'll be able to help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
Love this set. Only thing I am seeing is too many CPU offensive rebounds.
Hmm.. I'm seeing just about the right amount of rebounds in my games. If it continues to be a problem, either decrease CPU Offensive Rebounding by one click or increase User Defensive Rebounding by one click.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabudabi

CONCERNS:
1) need to see more blocks

2) alley oop needs to be toned down. im seeing too many. i think an avg of 2 alley oop should be enough..correct me if im wrong

3) noticed that CPU still likes to attack the basket too much. fast breaks are ok but what happens is when CPU gets the rebound and the PG/SG gets the ball past half court, the point seems set on pushing the ball inside the paint. if you lose your step on defense..it's an easy score. but if you don't and still the PG/SG was able to get inside, that's when your team's defensive positions gets f****ed up. lots of players get jammed inside. hard to see who to guard sometimes leads to the point passing the ball to an open big man inside. this problem is what makes the game unrealistic IMO. we need to see more passing and outside shooting instead of the the PG/SG tries to bully their way inside. maybe lower offensive awareness?

4) there are times when CPU sets up a half court play, there aren't much ball movement. shot clock is already winding down and this player who's not supposed to be taking any last second shots hogs the ball and won't pass it until he takes the shot when the shot clock expires which is too predictable.

5) CPU wins on hustle most of the time

that's all for now. hope we can find a way to solve these issues.
The solution to most of these problems is to either decrease CPU Offensive Awareness by 3-5 clicks, or decrease CPU Attack the Basket by 1-2 clicks. Try both (separately), see which one gives the best results, and then let me know.

As for Blocks, I agree I'm still not seeing enough of them. This is a tricky one to fix while maintaining realism. Maybe decreasing the Layup/Jumpshot Defense Strength (Takeoff/Gather) to 95 will help here? My reasoning here, and it's just a guess, would be that the drop in contested-shot animations may lead to more clean jumpshot animations in traffic, which may in turn lead to more blocks (as the shooter isn't adjusting his shot based on the defense every single time like they are now).

Alley-Oops should be an easy fix. If others are seeing this issue, I'll drop the CPU Throw Alley-Oops tendency to 47.

And as for Hustle, there are two possible solutions: If the CPU has too much Hustle, decrease the value to 25. If the User just doesn't have enough Hustle, increase the value to 87. Choose whichever option most pertains to the issue you're seeing.

Let me know how these edits work!
Advertisements - Register to remove