View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #961
MarketingWiz
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weewam
http://dynasties.operationsports.com/css/osdyn.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
Cincinnati Bengals at Baltimore Ravens
Nov 19, 20121ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Cincinnati Bengals (0-0)333716
Baltimore Ravens (0-0)710171044
Team Stats Comparison

CINBAL
Total Offense409498
Rushing Yards116237
Passing Yards293261
First Downs2213
Punt Return Yards240
Kick Return Yards131120
Total Yards564618
Turnovers2(-2)0(+2)
3rd Down Converstion6-17(35%4-10(40%)
4th Down Conversion1-2(50%)0-0
2-Point Conversion0-00-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals1/22/1
Penalties2-153-30
Posession Time35:5024:10
Cincinnati Bengals
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
A. Dalton30/5231411
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
B. Green-Ellis19794.10
B. Scott3124.00
A. Dalton22211.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
A. Green1011211.21
M. Sanu88811.00
A. Binns45213.00
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
M. Nugent3/31/11042
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
K. Huber414235.51
Baltimore Ravens
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
J. Flacco13/1726130
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
R. Rice322146.62
M. Morris3237.60
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
E. Dickson47117.70
A. Boldin313645.32
R. Rice2157.50
D. Pitta2189.01
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
B. Cundiff3/35/51449
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
S. Koch312943.00

First game is in the books...you wanna talk about realism? Take a look at that score. 44-16. Week 1, Ravens vs Bengals in real life? 44-13. Guhdamn.

Some key points from the "Wiz List."

*No sacks for me, Ravens picked up 3. 2 were coverage sacks with me just looking around like an idiot, the third one Pernell McPhee just made a nice move to throw off his blocker.
*Was a little worried about drops when I saw the slider set at 47, but there were only 3 drops in this game, all by my team. But, when you throw it 52 times cause you're getting blown out, drops are going to happen.
*There was definitely an ebb and flow to the game. For example, I was making a drive down the field at the end of the first half, got to just outside the 20. The game is still fairly close at this point, 17-3, so I'm feeling good. Suddenly, my recievers are nowhere to be found, and I take a big sack. ****. Next play, I'm trying to read the defense when half of my O-line jumps for a false start penalty. That was it right there. One second, I'm on the verge of scoring, the next second I'm backed up 15 yards and can't recapture the momentum of the drive. I ended up missing the field goal and leaving the half at 17-3. Next half I come out and immediately throw an interception, and the game goes waaay downhill from there.
*Like Wiz says, you really need to stay on top of every play, especially on defense. Ray Rice came out running, but after the first drive I was able to contain him pretty well. The Ravens just refused to throw the ball, even with play-action, so I kept crowding the line. Problem was, every so often I would get just a liiiiittle lax, and boom! Rice would pull a juke or a spin and leave me in the dust. Perfect example, start of the 4th quarter I went outside for a cigarette. When I came back in, I guess I wasn't focused anymore, because I comepletely whiffed my tackle. Rice made this wtf spin move, got behind me (I was playing SS) and goes 91 yards for the score. I'm left chasing after him screaming, "Run faster Maualuga, or I'm not paying you your bonus!"

With that said, and despite the score, the game wasn't as lopsided as it appears. It was within 2 scores going into the half, and I just made a couple of mistakes. The only thing that really irked me as being out of my control was the long catch and run Boldin had; he caught a short ball and immediately got hit by two of my guys, but shrugged them both off to go like, 60 yards and a score. Other than that, I just need to work on being more diligent. Can't wait to see what everyone else puts up.

Sweeeet... Great fricking feedback!!!!!

Loved the part about the cig' break, classic....

Keep in mind that I am testing the "penalty-theory", so it is possible that the sliders may get tweaked a bit...

However based on your explanation, it would seem that a few bad decisions on your part, really did you in....

Did you use "GameFlow" for the first two downs, or did you just "freestyle" the entire game?

How about that realism on the final score, eh? I too, had final scores that were "spittin' images" of the final score in the actual NFL game... Scary, as in S-C-A-R-Y AWESOME.....

Regarding Boldin's catch and run... I have noticed in my own games that BIG POWERFUL receivers and TE's will break a big one if you do not tackle them with complementing defenders.... Meaning, if a 5'11" DB tries to take down Vernon Davis, Boldin, Andre Johnson, Fitzgerald, etc., by themselves.... Good F'inn luck... I personally love this because I call this the "aggressive man-to-man" penalty.... Meaning that if you constantly man-up, with no strong support over the top from a strong SS or FS, and a solid tackling LB or Nickel back roaming around in a zone, this play CAN & WILL HAPPEN.... This is why when you play teams with BEEEEEEAAAAAASSSST receivers, you have to consider more Cover 3 & 4 type of defenses with good tacklers on the field... Yes, it will expose you on the running game, but these are the "pick your poison" decisions that D-Coord's make every Sunday in da N-F-L....

Really, really, really appreciate your feedback...

Lates.

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.

Last edited by MarketingWiz; 11-19-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove