View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 12:53 PM   #1032
MarketingWiz
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

**********REPOST FOR NEWBIES THAT DIDN"T SEE IT ON PAGE 103************

The ReBoot of the Turkey Sliders V. 7.2

Ok boys.... You bark, I listen, that simple.

I have decided to have two "true" Madden slider sets (this means that the sub-sliders DO NOT go past 75).

One set is for Madden Vets, who like an insane, elite NFL caliber challenge.... The CPU Defense makes very few mistakes for you to capitalize on. Still SIM play, but your Madden skills have to be top tier. Chances of winning a game with these sliders, is less than 50%, closer to 25% chance of winning every game.... You do not need GameFlow for this set, it is challenging enough that even if you cheese, it may still not be enough to help you win...

The OTHER set is for Madden Vets, who want each CPU opponent to play to their weaknesses and strengths, BUT, can live with the CPU Defense providing you with enough brain farts, that your skill set SHOULD capitalize on. Chances of winning a game are at 50%, or better, IF YOU CAN capitalize on every CPU error. You should use GameFlow for this set for the first two downs, and you call any play you want on third down.

Requirements for testing

1) Plenty of time to play. In other words, if ya got one of them ladies that is going to be busting "nuts", you may not want to volunteer...

2) A notebook and #2 pencil to jot down notes and "oddities"

3) Play at least 6 games, as is, no tweaks, and track stats accordingly

What we want to track:

1) the individual stats for the QB, RB, WR's

2) the global stats for the Defense (ie total sacks, int.'s, forced fumbles)

3) Track, fumbles, drops, break tackles (for RB's and WR's/TE's), total # of penalties per team

4) How many punts inside the 20 your punter nailed

5) Total plays

6) This next part is more subjective: Ebb and flow of the game.... Try to answer the following questions:
a) Did the gameplay, "stress" you? Meaning, did you feel that if you lost focus of your defensive or offensive play-calling, or didn't field position properly, it would cost you the game?
b) Did the gameplay reflect the key strengths/weaknesses of the team you faced? Meaning, that stars, should play as such and duds should play as such. Rodgers and Matthews for GB, Gore and 49'ers D for the 49'ers, Forte and Bear's D for da Bears, horrible Run D for the Faiders, horrible pass D for the Titans, etc.. So as an example, if you post up a stats against the Faiders, you better have OUTSTANDING rushing numbers for your RB, and this would constitute the gameplay reflecting the key weakness of playing the Faiders..
c) How was the competitive balance of the game? Meaning did the stars step up and did you have to "game plan" against them to neutralize their impact on your game? We are hoping that we can get the CPU A.I. to challenge us through the studs of the game.... i.e. Big hitters create fumbles, ball hawks intercept poorly thrown balls, elite QB's shred average D's, elite RB's truck average D's, and so on...
d) Did at any point did you feel that it was "impossible/extremely difficult" to game plan against a particular strength or player of your CPU opponent.... And vice versa, did the gameplay seem that you could just have your will with the CPU opponent?
e) How did strategy work in the gameplay?
Meaning, if you bring a blitz on a pass play, more times than not, did it cause a poor decision by the CPU QB or not? Does pressure cause the CPU to commit more unforced errors? And vice versa, if you "sit back" in zones, does an good team pick you apart? Were you forced to use more TE's to protect your QB from the onslaught of pressure from the CPU?
f) Did the pressure and recognition from the CPU feel right? Meaning, are you getting less than 3 seconds in the pocket when the CPU blitzes? Does your pocket break down, forcing you to leave the pocket or throw the ball away? Are you getting stuffed on outside runs more often than not? Are you getting stuffed on inside the tackle runs when you have no lead blocker in front of you, more often than not?
g) Were turnovers forced by playmakers with high POW attributes and/or poor HUM decision making?
h) Were sacks forced by too much time in the pocket, coverage sack, poor blocking scheme (meaning you did not have enough blockers for the situation at hand)? Look here peeps... You have to start learning football.... You cannot think that against aggressive defenses that you will get away with 4, 5 or even 3 WR sets, when the D is bringing 6 or more rushers and avoid a sack or a poor decision... Sacks are legit if you are too dumb to set up proper blocking schemes
i) Were picks legit picks due to poor decision making or a great defensive player making a great play on the ball?
j) Were fumbles legit due to the D getting a hat on the ball and the HUM did not cover up the football?
k) Did either passing or running feel "too easy" for you?
l) Does the CPU scramble appropriately?
m) Do the big hitters, lay the wood on you? Do they cause turnovers or dropped balls?

SLIDER SET #1: SUICIDE SLIDERS

Skill Level: ALL-MADDEN

House rules:

(1) DO NOT USE the right analog stick when there is a run or pass play. In other words, do not use the right analog stick DOWN for a run play by the CPU as the play begins and vice versa, do not push UP with the right analog stick when there is a pass beginning to develop.
(2) Hot routes are cool
(3) Consider having two controllers plugged in when you start your CCM game. Consider for your opponents playbook to switch it to BALANCED, or RUN HEAVY or PASS HEAVY, depending on the type of team you are playing if run / pass ratios have you tripping
(4) USE ONLY the right analog stick when attempting field goals, anything else, and you are a CHEESE, unless you are inside the 10 yard line, then it is OK to use the left stick to aim first, before kicking.

Quarter Length: 15 min

Accelerated Clock: On and min. play clock set at 14 secs if you know your offenses play book ... If you DO NOT KNOW YOUR OFFENSES PLAYBOOK, then set at 17 secs

Auto Strafe:ON
Auto Sprint: ON

Play Calling: FREESTYLE, it is all you baby….

Injury:

Fatigue:

Speed:
SLOW

Threshold: 65

Game Play Sliders: User/CPU

QB Accuracy 6 / 6
(CPU could be 5, still testing)
Pass Block 5 / 5
WR Catch 48 / 49

Broken Tackles 50 / 50
Run Block 0 / 45
Fumble 20 / 5
(being tested)

Pass reaction 15 / 15
Int 23 / 25
Pass Rush 37 / 35

Rush reaction 25 / 40
Block Shedding 20 / 50
Tackle 30 / 30

Special Teams

FG Power
FG Accuracy
44 (the way that I kick is that I just use the right stick in Kicking. I don't aim with the left stick, except when inside the 10 yard line)
Punt Power
Punt Acc 73

Kickoff Power

Penalty

Offsides 50
False Start 75
Holding 53
Facemask 55
Defensive PI 50
Offensive PI 50
Pnt Ret Interfer. 33
Clipping 33
Intent. Grnding. 50
Roughing QB 33
Roughing Kicker 33

Auto Subs:

Don't work for me.... What I do is that on my first offensive play, I call time-out, and I sub in my BRUISER BACK into a couple of my short yardage run formations, and/or my change of pace back into a couple of my toss/sweep/draw/pitch play formations ....

As always, if you use them, ya gotta come back and give us a shout.... Tell us whatcha think, how the game went.....

SLIDER SET #2: Holy Grail of Madden Sliders

Skill Level:
ALL-MADDEN

House rules:
(1) Recommend Gameflow for Offense play calling. Use GameFlow for the first two downs, third down is ALL YOU BABY. Also, last 2 minutes of each half, IS ALL YOU BABY.
(2) DO NOT USE the right analog stick when there is a run or pass play. In other words, do not use the right analog stick DOWN for a run play by the CPU as the play begins and vice versa, do not push UP with the right analog stick when there is a pass beginning to develop.
(3) On DEF, control ONLY one player, you can switch on run plays by the CPU when the CPU crosses the line of scrimmage. If the CPU callsl a pass play, you are allowed to switch, ONLY AFTER THE RECEIVER catches the ball (I control the FS, since my hand eye coordination is not that good to tackle as a LB).
(4) Hot routes are NOT COOl... Let the CPU make a mistake and capitalize on it!!!!!!
(5) Consider having two controllers plugged in when you start your CCM game. Consider for your opponents playbook to switch it to BALANCED, or RUN HEAVY or PASS HEAVY, depending on the type of team you are playing if run / pass ratios have you tripping
(6) USE ONLY the right analog stick when attempting field goals, anything else, and you are a CHEESE, unless you are inside the 10 yard line, then it is OK to use the left stick to aim first, before kicking.

Quarter Length: 15 min

Accelerated Clock:
On and min. play clock set at 14 secs if you know your offenses play book ... If you DO NOT KNOW YOUR OFFENSES PLAYBOOK, then set at 17 secs

Auto Strafe: ON
Auto Sprint: ON

Play Calling: For Offensive and Defensive play calling, GameFlow is recommended. The rule is use GameFlow on first and second downs only, THIRD DOWN is all you baby. Last 2 minutes of every half are also FREESTYLE, it is all you baby….

Injury: 50

Fatigue: 50

Speed: SLOW

Threshold: 65

Game Play Sliders: User/CPU

QB Accuracy 6 / 6 (CPU could be 5, still testing)
Pass Block 5 / 5
WR Catch 48 / 48

Broken Tackles 55 / 45
Run Block 0 / 45
Fumble 20 / 05
(being tested)

Pass reaction 16 / 25
Int 20 / 20
Pass Rush 39 / 26

Rush reaction 23 / 30
Block Shedding 12 / 36
Tackle 40 / 30

(**Note: If you still can't muster a running game, then lower rush reaction to 25 for CPU and lower block shed to 30.... At this setting, you better be Barry Sanders)

Special Teams

FG Power 54
FG Accuracy 44 (the way that I kick is that I just use the right stick in Kicking. I don't aim with the left stick, except when inside the 10 yard line)
Punt Power 52
Punt Acc 73
Kickoff Power 46

Penalty

Offsides 50
False Start 75
Holding 53
Facemask 55
Defensive PI 50
Offensive PI 50
Pnt Ret Interfer. 33
Clipping 33
Intent. Grnding. 50
Roughing QB 33
Roughing Kicker 33

Auto Subs:

Don't work for me.... What I do is that on my first offensive play, I call time-out, and I sub in my BRUISER BACK into a couple of my short yardage run formations, and/or my change of pace back into a couple of my toss/sweep/draw/pitch play formations ....

As always, if you use them, ya gotta come back and give us a shout.... Tell us whatcha think, how the game went.....

------------------------------------

Personal thoughts: While I love the FEAR of losing every game I play, reality is that it's about the stars that play the game....

The SUICIDE set is a MACHO challenge for those VET's that want to show off their skills.... Weak NFL teams can beat you even if you are the Patriots, 49'ers, Broncos, Bears, etc when you use the Suicide Set... This is not the "real" NFl.... In the "real" NFL, weak teams LOSE more often than not.... It became pretty obvious that playing as one of the elite teams with the SUICIDE SET against a weak team, it doesn't seem right that he weak team can beat you more times than not.... That did not sit well with me....

This is why I call the second set, "the Holy Grail of Madden" set.... The second set is very close, in my humble opinion to what we have been searching for since late August.... A slider set for "true All-Madden" that plays like a SIM.... Yes, some sacrifices need to be made (like using GameFlow on Offense and Defense for the first two plays), but the feel of the game seems right with slider set #2....

Bottom line is that our humble slider project not gives you an option on how you like your M13 served..... As always, you decide....

Going forward, from this point, I will be working with the Holy Grail of Madden slider set exclusively, so that I can perfect it.... This means that I am going to play the crap out of it in the lab for two or three full seasons to make sure that the stats are coming out properly....

Before I check out, I want to stress a very important point with regards to the base sliders sets posted.....

If you are going to tweak them, tweak ONLY the CPU sliders groups.... LEAVE the HUM sub slider groups alone... They are tuned for balance and complement.... By tinkering with the HUM sub sliders, you can throw off the balance of the sliders, and it is this balance that provides the smoothness, great animations and the ebb and flow that creates individual dramas for each game....

Look forward to your comments and responses...

Wiz out.

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.