View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 01:58 PM   #1034
MarketingWiz
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Wiz is in the lab....

Observations from first three CCM games I have played (mind you that when I am in the lab, I lower the play clock to 8 minute quarters so I can get more games in)

I am working with the Holy Grail Slider set (the Blue Sliders)

ANIMATIONS:

Looking good, very smooth, both O line and D line interacting well.... Like the O-Line surge on short yardage running, sweet...

Criticism: I think I see "holding" and it is not being called, may consider moving HOLDING Penalty slider up a click....

PASSING:

It is spot on.... Drops are realistic, pocket forms and looks good, I see CPU QB stepping away from the rush (nice!), I see scrambling by CPU QB...CPU QB recognizes one-one coverage and seeks to exploit bad match ups... On three occasions, the CPU QB burned me with 45+ bombs to a single covered wide out that OUT JUMPED my CB for the ball, mind you that the wide out that the CPU QB decided to throw to was the #2 WR and not the #1 (niiiiiiiiiiice!!)

Criticism: Boy, you need to be ON YOUR GAME, because when the CPU decides to bring the heat, the HEAT is an "lava-hot".... Damn!

RUSHING:

O-Linemen/FB's move smoothly to pick up blocks, hard to abuse the outside runs, inside running requires patience and good one-cut moves (nice!), bad blockers cannot move their D-Line counterpart (very nice!), I see some nice blocking animations on counter runs from the HUM O-Line....

Criticism: My D seemed to get "stuck" to the CPU blockers, and could not shed them (again, this is as a consequence of the OFFSIDES penalty slider being set at 50, may move the OFFSIDES penalty slider to 65 or 70, just a thought)... May also consider dropping CPU RUN BLK to 40.... I think I will move the PENALTY SLIDER UP, before I mess with CPU RUN BLK.... Keep you guys posted...

DROPS, FUMBLES, PICS, SACKS

I had two forced fumbles on me, and I forced one fumble in my Tennessee v. Pats game... NO pics for Brady (what a surprise), and two pics for me.... Sacked Brady once on a "Loop Blitz" where his RB did not pick up the "loop" and crushed the foo' with my hat into his ribs.... I injured him and he left for 2 quarters, allowing me to get up on the Pats, until the end of the third quarter... Dudes that should drop the rock, WERE dropping the rock.... The Pats WR's dropped some appropriate rocks as well....

PENALTIES

Penalties are much too low.... I think that I am seeing holds on the pass blocking and run blocking especially (especially on screens) and the ZEBRAS are not calling it.... This will have to be dealt with through slider tuning! I think that in some "weird way" the OFFSIDE slider messes with HOLDING penalties and due to it's impact on BLK SHEDDING.... The harder it is for the A.I. to shed a block, the less of a chance that the O-Lineman has to "hold" the D-Lineman... The better that the D-Lineman can shed his block, the more reason that the O-Lineman has to "hold" the D-lineman... Definitely an area that needs work....

EBB & FLOW:

Wow! The real strength of the Holy Grail Sliders.... I was the Titans and I was up on the Pats by 13 pts. in the late third quarter, and M13 actually had me believing that I was re-creating the Music City Miracle by upsetting the Pats.... Well, lo' and behold, it was a MIRAGE.... Brady decided to bust my bubble, and just lit me up for 4 TD's going forward, to win the game going away.... Love the EBB & FLOW..... Niiiiiiiice

SUBSTITUTIONS

What can I say... A work in progress... Although, my man "WeeWam Thank You Ma'am" has a theory that is being tested, as well as my boy "da 'I'll Be Back' Sturzinator"... Keep y'all posted

OVERALL IMPRESSION:

Not perfect, the HUM RUN "D" needs work, but the other facets of the game are in the neighborhood of where I believe they should be....

Penalties, Substitutions, the OFFSIDE PENALTY SLIDER, and the HUM RUN "D" are in my sights and in the lab!!!

Look forward to YOUR comments and responses...

Wiz out.

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.