View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 06:28 PM   #2904
boondog
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Whats going on man? Most guys who strictly play online always assume there's no way to get the CPU competitive until they use my sliders... I consider myself a very good player offline and online against USERs so I know exactly what it takes to get the CPU competitive...

Which set were you using for the CPUs passing because on the black set the CPU gets the ball down the a lot.. I've gotten smoked plenty of times... Were you doing a lot of slider tweaking? Sliders take at least a game or two to settle in and the CPU usually plays like crap in that first game so you have to pay attention to that. You have to play at least 3 or 4 games to get a good sample size of how the sliders are working.

You have to utilize the left stick full time to place passes in spots when playing with the accuracy low for the USER. If you don't like to use the left stick you will struggle with the accuracy below 8. I'm a beast with the left stick and I pretty much use it on all my throws..

When you raised the USER accuracy you should have raised the CPUs INTs. The INT slider has a bigger affect on pass coverage... I personally don't believe the pass reaction slider works the way it should..

Post your slider set when you get a chance. I wanna see what you are working with and make sure you didn't mess up anything by taken on of the USER categories over 75. That ruins the AI when you do that..
-I ended up lowering the user accuracy but also lowering the cpu pass reaction. That has worked pretty well for me.

-However, I still feel confused as to how to use the left stick, because a lot of the time I don't want the ball to be thrown in any specific direction. I find it very difficult to get the ball where I want it. Maybe this is realistic with a young inaccurate QB though.

- I currently have CPU QBA at 10, CPU pass block at 85, and user pass reaction/pass rush at 13/0 respectively. I'm finding this to be more realistic based on the games that I've played. When I was using your blue set, the QB's would go like 27/32 but only throw for 200 yards.

- I am having one major problem. I'm finding running way too easy. I have user run blocking at 0 and Defense rush reaction/break block at 100 and I still break off an absurdly high number of long runs with CJ. The only thing I can think of to do is up the speed threshold. I just upped that to 30 today, but I'm afraid that this will mess up a bunch of stuff. Tackle/Break tackle wouldn't really have an effect because I'm untouched on most of my long runs.

I also was wondering, is your main goal merely to have challenging games or are you obsessed like I am about having incredibly realistic statistics that mirror reflect team's abilities as well?

Thanks for the advice though, I'm really trying to get a set together so that my games play out realistically.