View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #1065
MarketingWiz
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

I was let back into the lab ladies.... I am really bummed to let you peeps down and not have a patch posted yet....

As a consequence of not being able to deliver the goods thus far on a Holy Grail set, I have decided to FIRE the previous project manager (my real world counterpart, who is a schlep that dreams of "what coulda' been" if I was born 6'3", 245 pounds and could jump out of buildings and run a 4.4 - 40 yard dash, "I coulda' been in da game," I mumble to myself, every night as I go to sleep) and hire my alter-ego, "Slider Wiz" (fyi, trademark pending) as the new project manager for the Holy Grail

And now that we have a new project manager on the job, Slider Wiz felt compelled to let you "peak" into some of the "going-on's" that actually happen in his lab....

Slider Wiz is pretty sensitive about disclosing his statistical methods and approaches to slider tuning, but since the previous project manager "dropped the ball" on a self-imposed deadline to deliver a patch today, Slider Wiz did not want to risk losing the trust of this thread, and OP in general, and from here forward, Slider Wiz will carry the torch as we continue in our quest for the Holy Grail of Madden slider set (What you see on SUN-day, is now EVERY-day on your flat screen)....

So here is a "peak" on how the road to the Holy Grail of Madden sliders is being attacked and managed by Slider Wiz.... Take it away Slider Wiz.....

"Uuuuuh, thanks schlep, don't let the door hit you on the way out, he he he he...."...

Ladies, welcome to my show.... I am SLIDER WIZ...

I have done an inventory of where the previous project manager went wrong, and VOW not to make the same mistakes.... Slider Wiz believes that the last project manager's project deadlines came too soon, thus dropping beta sets that in hindsight, HAD NO BUSINESS being Beta sets for the masses to test.... I have learned from pouring over his voluminous notes that to truly build the Holy Grail of Madden sliders, you need time, patience, and a logically SOUND gameplan... Maybe he/she? felt the pressure of the OP spotlight, the sudden popularity of some early success, the props got to his head... Maybe he was a fluke? Maybe he is all Hollywood? Bottom line is that the previous project manager did a lot of good work but ultimately, has not delivered on the project's ultimate goal, the Holy Grail of Madden. Failure will not be tolerated!

As the previous project manager's last post indicated, Slider Wiz is working the slider set going forward and will attack the project from the trenches out.... What this means, is that fixing passing, running, penalties, drops, fumbles, pics, starts in the trenches.... It is in the trenches that the ebb and flow of the game can change...

Things that can change the "ebb and flow of a game", in no particular order, are:

1) Inopportune penalty

2) Inopportune fumble

3) Inopportune sack

4) Inopportune loss behind the scrimmage

5) Inopportune pick

6) Inopportune "big offensive play"

If you notice, the majority of "game changers" are defensively driven... In other words, DEFENSE wins championships....

If you look at the top ranked "D'" this year, 49'ers, Seattle, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Houston, Atlanta, all but Seattle are serious playoff contenders right now.... Typically, most casual Maddenites, play Madden for the thrill of SCORING.... But in fact the focus should be on STOPPING THE SCORING...On this note, the NFL average for points allowed this year is 23.2 points.... So basically a click over three touchdowns a game....

What does this mean to the Slider Wiz? It means that the HOLY GRAIL of MADDEN lies in fixing the HUM D to stop the CPU, and then tuning the HUM O, to prevent OVERLY EASY passing for the HUM and OVERLY EASY running for the HUM....

Since it is about the D, the key to any good D play is controlling the line of scrimmage... This means how quickly you can release from your block, can you cover the field "sideline to sideline" against speedy backs, can you create pressure on the QB to impact his completion percentage and force turnovers, can you hit the ball carrier or QB hard enough to cause injuries or a fumble... It's all about the "D" baby....

To try to achieve strong "D" play, Slider Wiz is using the following guideposts to allow him to tune the sliders for the best possible O-Line/D-Line interaction, in lieu of the screwed up A.I. inherent to Madden year in and year out:

NFL League Average for Points Allowed 2013: 23.2 points (Best team is 49'ers at 13.4, and worst is Faiders at 32.2)....

So based on this stat, if Slider Wiz were to play as the 49'ers on M13, he would want his Defense to keep the CPU offense within 9.5 points of the actual real 49'er Defense (9.5 points is the approx. average, of the difference, between the BEST D, 49'ers, and WORST D, Faiders)

So, Slider Wiz's goal is to be able to tune the sliders in such fashion that we all can play as the 49'ers D and keep teams from scoring no more than 23 points, and vice versa, if we play as the Faiders, we should be able to hold the CPU offense below 42 points a game...

In the lab, the defenses that Slider Wiz is using to test run defense tuning are: the JaxJags, Panthers, Brownies, or Lambs... All of these D's rank right in the middle of the pack for Yards Allowed (4.2) this season.... So Slider Wiz is tuning the D sliders to try to emulate these statistical guideposts....The goal for tuning the run defense is to get the slider to deliver 4.2 yards per rush for any of the aforementioned running defenses... Once this is dialed in, then go and compare the tuning against the 49'ers defense (best run defense) and the Buffalo defense (worst run defense)..... Ideally, the stats for the 49'ers and Bills, should be within 25%-30% of their true NFL averages (why 25%-30%, because the Slider Wiz figures that 25%-30% is the average "bump-up" that EA gives the player attributes in M13)

Regarding passing, the Slider Wiz works with the Panthers (this is actually the best D to work on Defensive Slider tuning this year), Buffalo and Houston....Once this is dialed in, then go and compare the tuning against the Steelers defense (best pass defense) and the Tampa Bucs defense (worst pass defense)..... Ideally, the stats for the Steelers and Bucs, should be within 25%-30% of their true NFL averages (why 25%-30%, because the Slider Wiz figures that 25%-30% is the average "bump-up" that EA gives the player attributes in M13)...

Furthermore, the Slider Wiz has a stop watch handy, and is constantly testing "line strength" to measure how many seconds it takes for a pocket to collapse and if there is any discernible difference between a 49'ers blitz and say a New Orleans Saints blitz....

Slider Wiz is also measuring release points for DE's and compares them against release points at the point of block for DE's in actual NFL games.... Typically in the NFL, by the 3rd stride of the RB, good edge defenders are already shedding their blocks and taking an angle of tackle at the RB...

This is but a "peak" into the demented mind of the Slider Wiz...

Slider Wiz does not have a "drop dead" date for the next BETA slider set....

He does promise updates on its progress, and is FERVENTLY working on making sure it gets done sooner rather than later (boy it would be great if someone else was working on building an accurate roster, with accurate attributes, for PS3).... Fortunately for Slider Wiz, the previous project manager has built some good "trust equity", left a lot of notes in the lab (for example: Did you all know that the tackling slider OVERPOWERS RUN REAC and BRK TKL on rush defense.... Meaning you can set RUN REAC AND BRK TKL to 100 and TKL to 0, and still be able to run the ball with some efficiency, but raise the TKL slider to 50, and you can't eve make it to the line of scrimmage with an average RUN BLK setting of 25!!) and Slider Wiz knows that the loyal followers of this thread WILL CERTAINLY BE PATIENT and wait for these GEM sliders to be built, 'cuz Slider Wiz believes it WILL BE WORTH the patience to wait to test them....

Slider Wiz out.

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.

Last edited by MarketingWiz; 11-26-2012 at 02:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove