View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 11:22 PM   #807
jcern23
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Sorry I haven't been active here. Last night my wife had a seizure and had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital. Her breathing became shallow and for a few moments the worst was feared. She's improved greatly today, and I've brought her home - trying to take care of her.

I'm a deep person of faith, and truly believe in God's provision (though I don't often tout that). Her parents were with us this week for Thanksgiving. The part of this that I wonder about: our oldest son turns 13 this December. For a surprise gift I took him to see the Celtics play the Magic last night. We were gone... We stopped for a bite to eat on the way home, and I left my phone in the van. It was during our meal this happened. We have 3 other children, and had she been home alone with just them (the oldest is 10) we're not sure how this might have turned out.

I haven't shared this in any other thread, and just appreciate any prayers for her improvement. We believe it might have been a response to a medication she started on Saturday for a bladder infection (which a search showed that seizures are a rare side-effect). I was practically up all night and then checked on her repeatedly throughout the day as she slept. She had some "tremors" this morning/afternoon, but I noticed tonight that those were gone and her memory and responses were vastly improved.

Thanks guys - I value this community as a group of friends. I know we'll probably never cross paths in life, but we share something here that I appreciate. Thanks... Mike
Don't ever apologize for having your priorities in order mk. Sliders are the last thing the lord wants us to be concerned with and will sometimes throw us horrible circumstances to get us to realize were not completely right with him because it is easy to get tangled up in the fun of these games and put your family secondary i speak from experience i have done it many times. I as well will be praying for your wife and for you to continue to make the right choices in your life to prioritize your family way above anything else!