View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 12:09 AM   #809
garrus001
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Sorry I haven't been active here. Last night my wife had a seizure and had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital. Her breathing became shallow and for a few moments the worst was feared. She's improved greatly today, and I've brought her home - trying to take care of her.

I'm a deep person of faith, and truly believe in God's provision (though I don't often tout that). Her parents were with us this week for Thanksgiving. The part of this that I wonder about: our oldest son turns 13 this December. For a surprise gift I took him to see the Celtics play the Magic last night. We were gone... We stopped for a bite to eat on the way home, and I left my phone in the van. It was during our meal this happened. We have 3 other children, and had she been home alone with just them (the oldest is 10) we're not sure how this might have turned out.

I haven't shared this in any other thread, and just appreciate any prayers for her improvement. We believe it might have been a response to a medication she started on Saturday for a bladder infection (which a search showed that seizures are a rare side-effect). I was practically up all night and then checked on her repeatedly throughout the day as she slept. She had some "tremors" this morning/afternoon, but I noticed tonight that those were gone and her memory and responses were vastly improved.

Thanks guys - I value this community as a group of friends. I know we'll probably never cross paths in life, but we share something here that I appreciate. Thanks... Mike
hoping for a quick recovery, praying for you and your family..God is good..