Old 12-03-2012, 11:53 PM   #87
jattnanga
Rookie

jattnanga's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: JW55 Hall of Fame OA Slider Set V1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
@Jatt, with avg defensive teams, its tough, but it should be, your gonna have to outscore most teams with the Twolves. I usually ball as the Suns so I feel you 10000% on this, you have to uptempo everyone in order to stay competitive.

This is where FA's/trades (being a GM) comes in, bringing in a key defensive player really helps. With this set, I feel that no longer can someone dominate with an avg player (either off/defensively) unless you have mad stick skills. Which is what I like.

Glad you make coaching changes, too many on this forum don't and just complain instead. This game is deep and with the right sliders/rosters its incredible.

Keep me updated bro. Oh and one question, was this with Attack at 50 or 60 for the CPU? And DAWR was at 52/42 or 54/44? With dawr at 54/44 I felt like I was seeing too many plays from players who shouldn't have been.
Attack @ 50. DAWR @ 53/42.

So I also have an assoc with the Spurs (which I also just started - i was waiting for rosters/playbooks to get going). The Spurs games have been tougher to play than the Wolves.

I lost to NOH by 4 in a game I should've won, but Eric Gordon was unreal like 15 for 18 I think. On off ball screens, I mixed it up between manually foot-stepping screens trying to stay on his outside hip or shooting the gap over the screen - each with varying success. But he was just lights out on the catch or he would go the cup and finish over late arriving help.

I had a similar problem with the Thunder (where i got waxed by 30+). Their wings were REALLY tough to stop. I was able to control Durant because I really focused on him. But Kevin Martin and surprisingly Jeremy Lamb were super aggressive. Not only shooting quick and draining in transition but in the half-court just going to the cup and not stopping even when they were cut off multiple times...eventually the D gave a little room and they hit me w/ the pump fake and up and unders in the paint.

I do realize that I can be better helping on them or keeping them out of the middle in the first place. But some of these guards are just super aggressive, while others play exactly as they should (westbrook, tyreke evans, durant).

Seems like an individual player tendency issue, but just wanted to let you know what im seeing.

CPU defense is fine. Yes the aggressive teams like OKC are hard to score against, which is the way it should be. Its all about spacing and passing away from the defense on ball reversal while running you offense. But it would be easier to score against them if I wasn't taking the ball out of my basket all game.

Your sliders have made the game very enjoyable to play but after playing a few more games and some quality opponents - the CPU offense still gives me a little bit of a cheesy feel at moments.

I'll keep playing and let you know what I'm seeing. All is generally well in the world of 2k tho.

- Ricky Rubio quoting Magic Johnson