View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #10
RaychelSnr
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceralBishop
The sentence you quoted was me referring to the career mode. I found no way to use my favorite driver (Jeff Gordon) in that mode. Yes, you can use them in the season mode or Chase for the Cup mode, but that's not what I was talking about. Honestly, that's my fault for bad wording, so I'll try and get that fixed.

If this was a review just for the single player portion of the game, the score would be higher. But when reviewing the game I have to include everything, not just the improved career mode.

I said the visuals were outstanding and I stated it was the best looking NASCAR game to date.

As for the commentary, I know it's difficult to add that stuff in, I even said this: "it's not something that makes the career mode any less fun to play."

Also, the score I gave it was due to the way OS handles review scores, which can be found here: http://bit.ly/SKqH7H

If Eutechnyx keeps going with the license, I know they can make an extremely polished NASCAR game, but when finishing up this review, Inside Line is not that game.
To follow on the score point -- most people consider a 7 or 7.5 to be average for a game. In our full 10 point scale, a 5.0 is probably more equivalent to what many are used to being a 7.