View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 09:39 AM   #25
Sturzinator
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: In Game Attribute Changes - CCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
I will note this. While offense or defense scheme changes (which do not stick anyway due to bugs EA refuses to fix) don't seem to affect overalls, I did notice when I changed my #1 receiver setting under Schemes from speed to red zone, the overalls on my two red zone receivers jumped.

That appears to be the key, you want to maximize the overall for a starter, change the position setting under Schemes to match his.

EDIT: IN GENERAL, it appears to me now you can draft ANYONE regardless of scheme or style and so long as you change that position's style under Scheme to match the player's setting, you'll maximize his overall. So, if I'm right you do NOT have to draft for scheme or style, draft anyone and just set the style under schemes to match and you're good. For example, even though I'm running a 4-3 D scheme, I had a 3-4 LOLB starter and by setting the LOLB scheme setting to 3-4 pass rusher to match his setting, I got a nice overall boost.

Anyone believe differently?

BTW, I am baffled why the in game ratings differ. If the out of game reflect scheme compatability or incompatability, what's the point of showing raw overalls in game????
I agree, the overalls really don't serve any purpose, other than to compare and contrast how your scheme/player type is affecting their "natural" rating.

Yes, you can change your desired player types to maximize your player's ratings, but I choose not to do this. It makes the draft more meaningful and adds an extra layer of challenge to building your team.
Advertisements - Register to remove