View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 10:40 AM   #27
purplerat
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: In Game Attribute Changes - CCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan

That appears to be the key, you want to maximize the overall for a starter, change the position setting under Schemes to match his.

EDIT: IN GENERAL, it appears to me now you can draft ANYONE regardless of scheme or style and so long as you change that position's style under Scheme to match the player's setting, you'll maximize his overall. So, if I'm right you do NOT have to draft for scheme or style, draft anyone and just set the style under schemes to match and you're good. For example, even though I'm running a 4-3 D scheme, I had a 3-4 LOLB starter and by setting the LOLB scheme setting to 3-4 pass rusher to match his setting, I got a nice overall boost.

Anyone believe differently?
That only works in theory if you actually change how YOU play the game. You can change your scheme/player type to get an boost to the Overall rating for your LOLB, but if you still run a 4-3 defense he's still going to play like his rating BEFORE you made the change. i.e. if he's a 70 4-3 LOLB and a 85 3-4 pass rusher but you play him in a 4-3 he's going to play like a 70 NOT 84 regardless of what scheme/player type changes you made.

The bottom line is that Overall rating is purely aesthetic. It has about as much direct impact on the game as the jersey number.