View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 09:20 PM   #64
Warren Piecee
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Thoughts on Over Signing, Cutting Players and Recruiting in Dynasty Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinturner54
I think they add that fill up of 25 scholarships bc of the lower rated teams that don't recruit well I've seen some teams onky have 5 or 6 players now two or three years of that and then you got a team with not enough for a roster yeah its a pain in the *** but it has to be done I do agree that recruiting is way to easy I'm using uva granted I've turned it into a 6* program and won two national championships but I basically have the pick of whoever I want all my stats are a+ if I put an hour into a recruit every week he's mine doesn't matter it should be hard to recruit a 5* if he's in his top 3 and I'm not in his top 10 and the over recruiting does suck I've got a lot of good players I usually cut the computer added ones then my lowest rated players sometimes that mean a jr or senoir especially if the inxoming freshman is better or I don't think they will get a lot of playing time personally I run my program llike an ******* but its whatever I do only recruit the amount I need for senoirs leaving and then one or two to account for transfers and declaring for the draft things to help combat over recruiting for me is to let everyone leave for the draft no matter what unless you have tonhave them and also never redshirt anyone that's not a freshman and i onlu redshirt freshman if I'm sure they will not play if they are 3rd on the depth at cb I probably won't redshirts them that's just what I do
Allowing players to leave for the draft is an interesting strategy since it is much too easy to convince them to stay in the game.