Thread: Penalty Sliders
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 08:34 PM   #2
wech
Rookie

wech's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Penalty Sliders

Good question. I've read a lot about the fact that penalty sliders affect the game play but is that as concrete as anything can be with Madden? If so, exactly (or as close to exactly) what does adjusting the penalty sliders do? Does anyone know what moving, say, OPI to 25 versus having it at 75 or 99 does? Same with all the other penalties. There are theories but anything more than that? How sure is anyone that putting clipping at 35 does anything different than clipping at 55?
This intrigues me more than anything because I think that it is quite possible to play with one of the default slider sets (Rookie, Pro, All-Pro, All-Madden) and adjust ONLY the penalty sliders to change the way the game plays.
I DO think the penalty sliders make the game play differently, but I would like a better idea of what anyone else thinks. And yes, I have read the other thread about penalty sliders, but its very theoretical (and maybe that's all that there can be with these penalty sliders). Anything more concrete out there about them?